UN envoy hits Israel 'apartheid' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
BBC said:
A UN human rights envoy has compared Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories to elements of apartheid. The UN's Special Rapporteur, John Dugard, describes the regime as being designed to dominate and systematically oppress the occupied population.
Mr Dugard is a South African professor of international law assigned to monitor Israeli human rights abuses.
He has extensively studied apartheid in South Africa and has compared it to what he saw under Israeli rule.
Special rapporteurs are independent experts appointed by the UN secretary general to present reports on human rights to the organisation.

Their findings do not represent UN policy.
In a new report, Mr Dugard says: "Israel's laws and practices certainly resemble aspects of apartheid".
He points to what he describes as "unashamed discrimination" against Palestinians in favour of Israeli settlers.
"It is difficult to resist the conclusion that many of Israel's laws and practices violate the 1966 Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination," says the report.
"House demolitions in the West Bank and East Jerusalem are carried out in a manner that discriminates against Palestinians.
"Throughout the West Bank, and particularly in Hebron, settlers are given preferential treatment over Palestinians in terms of movement (major roads are reserved exclusively for settlers), building rights and army protection and laws governing family re-unification".

The report says Israeli practices are discriminatory against Palestinians. The report ranges widely over the events of the past year and focuses on the Israeli military assault on Gaza during the summer.
This came after Palestinian militants captured an Israeli soldier, who they are still holding.

The army also described its campaign as an effort to stop the firing of crudely-made rockets from Gaza into nearby Israeli towns and villages.
Militant groups like Islamic Jihad often describe these attacks as retaliation for army raids and killings.
During the reporting period, two Israelis died and 30 others were injured in these random Palestinian attacks on civilian targets, and Mr Dugard says that they clearly constitute war crimes.

'Controlled strangulation'
But his report also condemns the two Israeli offensives launched to counter the missile threat from Gaza.
Four hundred Palestinians died, and some 1,500 were injured - many of them civilians. Three Israeli soldiers were killed.
Mr Dugard says that this was a "grossly disproportionate and indiscriminate" response that led to the army committing "multiple war crimes".
He also criticises the very tight controls that Israel maintains over the flow of goods and people in and out of Gaza.
These add to the poverty-stricken territory's chronic economic problems - contributing to mounting levels of unemployment and desperation.
Mr Dugard says that Israel is imposing a policy of "controlled strangulation" that is helping to give rise to a failed state on its doorstep.
The Israelis argue that their border controls around Gaza are necessary for security reasons.

Militants have attacked crossing points in the past, and a suicide bomber recently emerged from Gaza and killed three civilians in the Israeli resort city of Eilat.
And more broadly, Israel has dismissed Mr Dugard's report as being one-sided.
A foreign ministry spokesman, Mark Regev, said that it was a product of what he called "rank politicisation" of the UN's human rights apparatus.
"This is the promoting of partisan, one-sided political attitudes which frankly don't serve the interests of anyone who is seriously interested in human rights," Mr Regev said.

I'm not suprised, this is what Israel is doing, discriminating the Palestinians and oppressing them.

My point of a settler-only road has also been proved, which Aryanbeauty tried to deny the existance of.

"Throughout the West Bank, and particularly in Hebron, settlers are given preferential treatment over Palestinians in terms of movement (major roads are reserved exclusively for settlers), building rights and army protection and laws governing family re-unification".

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Good thing the UN are a bunch of left wing world government wannabes, otherwise I may have taken that seriously, phew.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bshoc said:
Good thing the UN are a bunch of left wing world government wannabes, otherwise I may have taken that seriously, phew.
Yeah bschoc - the whole world left-wing.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
S1M0 said:

I'm not suprised, this is what Israel is doing, discriminating the Palestinians and oppressing them.

My point of a settler-only road has also been proved, which Aryanbeauty tried to deny the existance of.

Quote my post where I denied settlers only road. You said with your other ID that there are jews only road which is a filthy lie as islam itself. Not all settlers are jews and not all israelis are jews, and settlers only road can be used by all Israeli citizens including israeli arabs.

Regarding discrimination, you as an egyptian might love to talk about how Kuwaitis and Saudis discriminated Egyptian arabs working in the gulf. You egyptians are nothing to them, despised by your fellow arabs. At least israelis treat their jewish people living in other countries with respect and dignity. Treat them as its own people. Just to be fair, tell us how you arab/islamic countries treat your jewish citizens?

It is NOT surprising at all that palestinian are treated badly by Israel. I will definitely not treat people who want to kill me with a texas size smile.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
Quote my post where I denied settlers only road. You said with your other ID that there are jews only road which is a filthy lie as islam itself. Not all settlers are jews and not all israelis are jews, and settlers only road can be used by all Israeli citizens including israeli arabs.

Regarding discrimination, you as an egyptian might love to talk about how Kuwaitis and Saudis discriminated Egyptian arabs working in the gulf. You egyptians are nothing to them, despised by your fellow arabs. At least israelis treat their jewish people living in other countries with respect and dignity. Treat them as its own people. Just to be fair, tell us how you arab/islamic countries treat your jewish citizens?

It is NOT surprising at all that palestinian are treated badly by Israel. I will definitely not treat people who want to kill me with a texas size smile.
I read and I know about arabs living in the gulf countries,, who said that they're not treated with respect?? Ur just saying that bcoz no country would accept jews in it, which is why you were kicked out of all countries and into palestine. Plus bear in mind that the palestinians were the only people who would allow jews in their land. But, its all the palestinians fault........they're the one's who made scum bags like you enter their land for protection.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
MaNiElla said:
I read and I know about arabs living in the gulf countries,, who said that they're not treated with respect?? Ur just saying that bcoz no country would accept jews in it, which is why you were kicked out of all countries and into palestine. Plus bear in mind that the palestinians were the only people who would allow jews in their land. But, its all the palestinians fault........they're the one's who made scum bags like you enter their land for protection.
There are jews living in almost every country in this world, and in all countries they are prominent, powerful people and respected unlike you arab who are despised and hated. One of the great British Prime Minister during Queen Victoria's reign was Benjamin Disraeli who was jewish by ancestry. Almost half of Europe and America's prominent scientists are jews. There are 13 jewish Senators in US Congress compared to ZERO arab senator. There are 30 jewish representatives in US House comapred to what One or Two arab representative? Who are the most hated people in Australia, Europe and America? Are nt you arabs? Who are the people that travellers dont want to fly with? Arabs?

No countries would accept Palestinians either, even Jordan killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, even lebanese killed tens of thousands of them. Palestinian did not let jews return to Israel, the British did. Palestinian arabs never ruled the land, it was ottoman Turks NOT Arabs who ruled Palestine/Israel before the Brits took over. The land was God's gift to israel, as promised to Abraham according to the Bible, not to arabs. Now returned to its rightful owner.

nathan71088

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Once again, remove your antisemitic slander from this political discussion. We are talking about Israel, not the Jews who were "kicked out" of other countries.

nathan71088

HSC
There are so many different academics that could provide the opposite case to this claim but sadly this forum would not be able to sustain the lengthy and volumonous amount of information. The atrocity of apartheid was an unspeakable violation of human rights that has still left tension and bad relations between two racial groups in the region. If I had been exposed to such a crime I would be very ANGRY that there is any attempt to belittle such a tragic historical event by trying to piggyback it on the middle eastern conflict in order to gain political and sympathy points for a clearly hocus case. It is offensive to all those who suffered in South Africa.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
nathan71088 said:
Once again, remove your antisemitic slander from this political discussion. We are talking about Israel, not the Jews who were "kicked out" of other countries.
So quick to pounce on antisemitism, yet:

Aryanbeauty said:
Quote my post where I denied settlers only road. You said with your other ID that there are jews only road which is a filthy lie as islam itself.
Let's not turn a blind eye on people we agree with.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
poloktim said:

I agree......havent seen U query aryanbeauty ? ? ?, whose throwing in nothing but nonsense in every single thread.

nathan71088

HSC
poloktim said:

The difference is, I pointed out what could be seen as a good point but had an inherent flaw (antisemitism). In the case of the other person, I didn't believe there was need to comment on something like that. Maybe you would agree with me?

JayB

HSC
palestinains are not citizens of israel, of the country or the state, they have a seperate, and indeed seperatist government and now have their own land. "He points to what he describes as "unashamed discrimination" against Palestinians in favour of Israeli settlers." but hasn't raised the question, why should israel favour palestineans over israeli settlers? they aren't citizens, but occupiers of territories that arent theirs.

are palestinean arabs a different race to israeli arabs, to druze, to jordanians, to syrians? just wondering on this point where one draws the line with race, because we need a strict definition before we can claim racism.

"The report says Israeli practices are discriminatory against Palestinians." and yet never calls into question the human rights abuses of the Fatah and Hamas governments against their own people, let alone against the israelis other than one line "Mr Dugard says that they clearly constitute war crimes".

"He also criticises the very tight controls that Israel maintains over the flow of goods and people in and out of Gaza." this is known as a trade embargo and border control, and is put in place against a terrorist or violent or dangerous country or govt. for example against south africa during the apartheid era. no one was claiming the world was commiting a human rights abuse by placing an international embargo on SA.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
There are jews living in almost every country in this world, and in all countries they are prominent, powerful people and respected unlike you arab who are despised and hated. One of the great British Prime Minister during Queen Victoria's reign was Benjamin Disraeli who was jewish by ancestry. Almost half of Europe and America's prominent scientists are jews. There are 13 jewish Senators in US Congress compared to ZERO arab senator. There are 30 jewish representatives in US House comapred to what One or Two arab representative? Who are the most hated people in Australia, Europe and America? Are nt you arabs? Who are the people that travellers dont want to fly with? Arabs?

No countries would accept Palestinians either, even Jordan killed tens of thousands of Palestinians, even lebanese killed tens of thousands of them. Palestinian did not let jews return to Israel, the British did. Palestinian arabs never ruled the land, it was ottoman Turks NOT Arabs who ruled Palestine/Israel before the Brits took over. The land was God's gift to israel, as promised to Abraham according to the Bible, not to arabs. Now returned to its rightful owner.
The only reason to why U have representatives in the US household, is because all ur work is based on bribery, treachery and deception.

2ndly there are many many arab scientists:
http://www.ummah.net/history/scholars/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_scientists
there are many sites which i can post if you wan to, but these will be more than enough for your little brain to understand.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
2ndly there are many many arab scientists:
http://www.ummah.net/history/scholars/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_scientists
there are many sites which i can post if you wan to, but these will be more than enough for your little brain to understand.
If arabs and muslims are so great and intelligent why is every single country they inhabit a backwater shithole?

Western scientists built the modern world, many of these were also Jewish, none to my mind, were arab. To even begin to populate Western_scientists or Jewish_scientists would be a massive undertaking.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
Palestine is the land of the Jews, read a history book you dumbshit. Arabs took that land in blood and now the owners of that land are taking back whats theirs, crying wont help.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
nathan71088 said:
The difference is, I pointed out what could be seen as a good point but had an inherent flaw (antisemitism). In the case of the other person, I didn't believe there was need to comment on something like that. Maybe you would agree with me?
No i dont agree with you.
My comments were not intended to be interpreted as antisemitism. The only reason my comments had a flaw of antisemitism was due to the fact of the other persons rude re-marks. If my comments were interpreted as antisemitism, what do u interpret his comments??

bshoc

HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
No i dont agree with you.
My comments were not intended to be interpreted as antisemitism. The only reason my comments had a flaw of antisemitism was due to the fact of the other persons rude re-marks. If my comments were interpreted as antisemitism, what do u interpret his comments??
Well for starters he didnt label an entire race of people scumbags.

jenzipoo

HSC
how dare you compare what happened in south africa where two separate races, who were both (and are today) citizens of a country, and were THEN isolated due to the crazy policies of a radical government to the middle east crisis.

palestinians, so they call themselves, refuse to recognise israel as a country and therefore do not deserve the same rights as tax paying citizens of israel. these very same citizens deserve the right to be protected from these extremists. these measures have unfortunatly led to the need for the security barrier currently in place as well as the tight restrictions on travel. BUT if you knew the manner in which some of these sucide bombers carried their bombs into israel, such as pretending to be pregnant or in guitar cases, the neccesity for these restrictions would be apparent to your closed minded selves.

MaNiElla said:
The only reason to why U have representatives in the US household, is because all ur work is based on bribery, treachery and deception.
on this point i would love to hear the anti semitic bullshit youve been fed and would love to regurgitate in your insecure manner.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
Well for starters he didnt label an entire race of people scumbags.
Excuse me..... that person labelled people worse than that what do you call this:

filthy lie as islam itself

your powerless allah may help you.

islamo fascist fuckwit (http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/129648/imminent-fall-beirut/21.html)

she-goat bleeping with labour pain. So much for attention whores (http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/129648/imminent-fall-beirut/20.html)

shitty country
I think that this is much more offensive........he even labelled races of people stuff worse than scum bags....the above was just a little sample of stuff he said.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Islam is not a race.

Islam is a belief that a man who fucked a nine year old and committed innumerable acts of manslaughter is God's final prophet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)