• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

una domanda... (1 Viewer)

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
has anyone received thier letter saying where the speaking exam is supposed to be held?
i haven't and i was wondering if i should have by now...
thanks guys - ciao

mcbec

HSC
no, anch'io, non ho ricevuto la mia lettera, ma penso che deve arrivare poco... probabilmente circa due settimane primo l'esame (al fino di augosto).

(sorry i just felt like replying in italian! hope you dont mind & can understand it!)

butterflybird

HSC
i think i remember reading we get it 3 weeks before the exam, and if we havent got it by two weeks before then we should contact them

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
mcbec said:
no, anch'io, non ho ricevuto la mia lettera, ma penso che deve arrivare poco... probabilmente circa due settimane primo l'esame (al fino di augosto).

(sorry i just felt like replying in italian! hope you dont mind & can understand it!)
i would think that after two years of learning the language...if i didn't understand it there would be a slight problem - ma grazie
@butterflybird - grazie bella! :)

mcbec

HSC
lislabella said:
i would think that after two years of learning the language...if i didn't understand it there would be a slight problem - ma grazie
@butterflybird - grazie bella! :)
sorry didnt mean to offend, i was pretty sure u'd understand, but i dont know the level everyone's at with italian. some of the beginners at our school are still struggling with some parts of italian & have trouble reading it.

Anyway, i hope we get those letters soon, and i hope i dont have to go too far for the exam.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
its alright i'm in a grumpy mood that i don't tink will lift for a few months... i'd say november 12
yeah i've noticed people who do it at school rather than through ohs have alot of trouble with it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
lislabella said:
its alright i'm in a grumpy mood that i don't tink will lift for a few months... i'd say november 12
yeah i've noticed people who do it at school rather than through ohs have alot of trouble with it.
My French speaking exam is on the 10th Sept (Which is the same day as cont. Italian and a week before Italian Beginners) and I havent even got my letter for that...grrr I wish they'd hurry up with them both :rolleyes:

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
yeah i talked to my careers adv. also roll call and dist ed co-ordinator and he said ring them f you haven't got it two weeks before the exam, especiallys since alleged non receival isn't grounds for misadventure or illness appeals... or somthing along those lines - but not having the letter isnt grounds to appeal.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mcbec said:
deve = devi / debbe (depending if you have done the subjunctive or not)
arrivare fra poco
primo del' esame (i think)
agosto

butterflybird

HSC
iambored said:
deve = devi / debbe (depending if you have done the subjunctive or not)
arrivare fra poco
primo del' esame (i think)
agosto
seeing as we're correcting...
doesn't dovere go to debba?
prima dell'esame
alla fine d'agosto

peace out

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
butterflybird said:
seeing as we're correcting...
doesn't dovere go to debba?
prima dell'esame
alla fine d'agosto

peace out
grazie mille :)

now i am confused though
i looked up esame and it's masculine, so is it "del esame" and we were both wrong?
it does go to debba!! scusate, i even looked that up

butterflybird

HSC
iambored said:
now i am confused though
i looked up esame and it's masculine, so is it "del esame" and we were both wrong?
i try to remember this by an elaborate system of "it SHOULD be del, but i remember that it's illogical... so it must be dell'.."
however to double check my theory and for lack of an italian teacher in my bedroom right now, i do the 'google' test
"del esame" gets 3000 responses
"dell'esame" gets 300,000 responses
therefore i determine that google and my original theory prevail

lol

mcbec

HSC
its dell'esame, of course, coz it starts with a vowel and is singular. unless u wanna tell me thats wrong too.

anyway, thanks everyone for pointing out how shit i am at italian. Once woulda been enuf to make me learn from my mistakes, but no.

anyway, now that its certain i will fail, i think i'll get back to my PD fitness training assessment.... something that i at least have some hope of passing.. so i think anyway.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hey dude, my corrections were all corrected :p
hmmm something so simple and i don't really understand why, when i can be bothered i will check my books

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
ok since no one can be bothered and i am bored as all hell i will consult my books...
di+ il lo la l' i gli le
= del dello della dell' dei degli delle

since the article is l' as in l'esame
the plural is gli esami
and therfore degli esami
then it must be dell'esame

tada!

Last edited:

butterflybird

HSC
mcbec said:
its dell'esame, of course, coz it starts with a vowel and is singular. unless u wanna tell me thats wrong too.

anyway, thanks everyone for pointing out how shit i am at italian. Once woulda been enuf to make me learn from my mistakes, but no.

anyway, now that its certain i will fail, i think i'll get back to my PD fitness training assessment.... something that i at least have some hope of passing.. so i think anyway.
dude calm down, they're not major mistakes. particularly with the subjunctive coz you don't even need that for continuers.

mcbec

HSC
sorry, i was in a bad mood then, i got some pretty crappy trial results back, and this week was bad from monday and got worse as the week went on. It would have to rate as one of my worst weeks ever..
i'm also freakin out about the speaking exam, and im also pissed that the italian students we were supposed to host 3rd - 24th september arent coming anymore (their teacher cancelled it coz she broke her leg - what a biatch!!)

anyway.... yeah... im over it all now anyway.... next weeks gotta be better than this one, thats for sure!! *sigh* im going to sleep now.... at the mo im running on no sleep, 3 vodka cruisers i had at 4am or so at an 18th, and 2 coffees i had this morning... not to mention that i havnt had a night where ive slept more than 6 hours...
oh well, ur all probly sick of my ramblings which i just realised have nothing to do with italian anyway!!

well, thats all from me, sorry people, hopefully i'll be in a better mood wen i come back!! :) have a great week!

butterflybird

HSC
mcbec said:
the italian students we were supposed to host 3rd - 24th september arent coming anymore (their teacher cancelled it coz she broke her leg - what a biatch!!)
that sucks, its also a bit strange coz when we hosted people last year their teacher actually died in a car crash in australia and they still did the rest of the homestay :S
hmm although i didn't get along with those italians so well (understatement of the century) the italians are rather... independently-minded (second understatement of the century) i shall leave it at that. mind you when i went to italy the people i stayed with were lovely :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)