unable to Search (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
Hi, I am having problem using the Search facility ever since the forum upgrade. I can search post by users but not posts by keywords. Any light?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
It appears to be working perfectly fine for me. Are you still having problems now?

gman03

HSC
Yep it is still not working.

For example, when I click the search think on top of the page, there will be a box pop out. Then I type "gpa" and then it will direct me to a page with "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." whereas before it will give me a list of pages.

Further more when I search with terms like "unsw" it gives me a list of thread with has new posts, regardless whether it is relavent to the search terms.

:confused:

P

pLuvia

I just tried searching for UNSW, and yes I understand what you mean. This is because these threads may contain the word UNSW in it thus they come up.

I also tried gpa, and have come up with no search matches

I don't think there is any problem to it

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My understanding of the search function is that when you search for a key word you will get all threads containing that word, this has always been the same and hasn't changed. Maybe try going to advance search and defining your search better may help.

gman03

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Maybe try going to advance search and defining your search better may help.
Yes I did and still doesn't work (well, not fully). Here is an example:

I go to advanced search and search for "2004" under UNSW:

"see screen1"

It gives me expected result, great!

"see screen2"

Now say that I want to search for the same thread (circled), but using different keyword "WAM":

"see screen3"

It gives me "no results"

Get it?

(EDIT: Hidden Images)

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Keywords under 4 characters in length are not considered (and never have been). Such a search is too resource intensive. Sorry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)