Unblocking ports (1 Viewer)

elfanger

Can someone pelase tell me how to unblock ports on my adsl modem/router (netcomm NB1300+4). I am trying to use torrent but it says i will have terrible performance due to the port not functioning to its full potential. Thanks.

Screenshot of the error is attached.

Last edited:

equiski

HSC
I have the same modem. This is the process if you have not changed the default values.

1: Go to the start menu and click "run".

2: type in "ipconfig" and press enter. Take note of the "IP Adress", this is your local adress as your modem acts as a router as well. We'll use this number later.

2: Go into your internet browser and type "192.168.1.1"* into the address bar and hit enter

2: The default user name is "admin" and the password is "password"

3: Click "Advanced settings"

4: Click "Post fowarding"

5: Enter "6881"** into the "Public Port - Start", "Public Port - End" and "Private Port" fields. Select the "TCP" button. Enter your computer's local IP address (the one we got from the command prompt) into the "Host IP Address" and click Add.

6: Repeap step 5, but select UDP instead of TCP.

7: After adding both those ports, select "Save Settings and Reboot" from the side bar. The modem will restart and bittorent should work alot faster.

* If this doesn't work the correct number can be found in the Ipconfig dialogue as "Default Gateway"

** This is the default port, if you have changed it in the azureus config, just use that number.

equiski

HSC
Also...

Limit your outgoing data rate to about 80% of your upload bandwidth. This is assuming you have a asymetric connection (Like 256/64 or 512/128).

If you plan on doing anything illegal, download the Safeguard plugin to protect yourself from known spying IP's. I don't condone such activities, though.

equiski

HSC
No problems, I hope it worked out for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)