Undecided on majors.... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm currently decided on what majors to do within my degree..
I'll be doing Human Resources as a major and Political Economy (12 cp senior), leaving me room so any major.

I'm tossing between, International Business, Psychology or Marketing?

What you guys reckon and from experience with these subjects etc, which would be best coupled with what i'm doing already and what is the workload if the majors mentioned?

HSC
accounting isnt something i really want to do..

I'm leaning towards either Marketing or Psychology... hmmmmm

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how is accounting compatible with HRM.

also, you cant major i psych under the b eco & soc sci degree - you can't do so many subjects outside the eco faculty.

If you want to work in HR, then some psych units will be quite good, though.

International business is a good complimentary major, too. You will be able to apply HR to an international context.

Marketing is great, and fun, but kind of pointless as a major unless you're planning to work in the field

HannahMc

HSC
Marketing or International Business, I'd suggest. Probably best to do something related to your major, as it gives you a bigger advantage in the job market.

Though, the more romantic part of me tells me to simply do whatever your heart tells you to do.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HannahMc said:
Marketing or International Business, I'd suggest. Probably best to do something related to your major, as it gives you a bigger advantage in the job market.

Though, the more romantic part of me tells me to simply do whatever your heart tells you to do.
How isn't psychology related to HR. Ever heard o organisational learning? There's even diplomas dedicated to the Psychology of the workplace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)