Underage in '06 (1 Viewer)

dichotomy

HSC
I was just wondering what the deal is for 17 year olds at ANU, particularly at college. It seems the o-week itinery is pretty crap for anyone underage. What have people done in the past?

Are the uni bars and city clubs tight with ID? Say, compared to places on the north shore in Sydney? I do have ID, but it's not excellent by any means. I have back up though (medicare, blockbuster, concession cards etc.)

What advice do people have? Im getting really unenthused about going to college underage.

Thanks

joca187

HSC
If you're in college, age doesn't matter, everything they do, including drinking etc. is open to all ppl in college. Very relaxed, however for the official oweek events at clubs its a bit more difficult, clubs I.D. everyone including academy and moose. You will have heaps of fun. Especially with things like the burgmann toga party and fantasy island

omg_a

HSC
the bars are very id checkie. especially in o-week. otherwise, when it's not thurs, fri, sat, there are often no checks. can be annoying! still quite a few people are underage, especially inter state students. most colleges organise non-drinking alternatives, and events which are at the college are opent to everyone. you'll still have fun! and if you're at college, u pretty much ignore official uni o week.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The pubs don't really check. I drink at the Wig & Pen quite a bit, and I've only been checked once, and that was when I walked in with a big group. Like other people have said though, you won't be missing out on much.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I am hardly ever checked at: PJs, Wig and Pen, King O'Malleys.

Its not uncommon for me to not get checked at moosheads (more common to be checked for upstairs than down).

I have the advantage of looking older than I am though - eg most people guess my age at 21/22 when I am infact turning 20 in June.

rumour

HSC
I'd say that the clubs in the city are more strict about checking ID than the pubs are.

It depends on your luck, I guess. I friend of mine got in Moose downstairs when she was 17 but when she tried to get in a few hours later (different bouncer) she wasn't allowed to get in.

Venusian

HSC
If youre in a college you could get into some trouble with it, at Johns all underagers sign a contract that if theyre found drinking they'll get kicked out....so cross fingers that a) your birthday is early in the year b) youre smart enough to drink in your room or drink your own special 'orange juice' or c) you have nice Senior Ressies that dont rat on you (yeah i helped a few u18 into moose after the ball, and their SR then told the dean that he saw them there, they escaped and claimed they werent drinking)

hangerm5

HSC
Dont want to rub it in or anything BUT, I am currently underage and my 18th birthday is.........February 11. Just in time!!!

Kirika

HSC
oooo thats so unfair, i have to wait till May! ah well, at least its not as far as one of my friends, she's going to uni this yeat but isnt 18 till July! Oh, does anyone know if you can go to this fantasy island thing if you're underage?

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
De Jevu (sp?)

I think i replied to a similar thread like this last year

No, you wont be able to get into clubs in civic unless your 18, or you have a fakie that is reasonable. Yes, you will be able to get pissed in pubs if your underage (this pretty much applies everywhere right?)

At college, the underage thing is pretty strict- but there is the one easy way to get past this slight obstacle of being born at the wrong time of the year

GET YOUR (old)MATES TO BUY IT FOR YOU

Oh and if your desperate, a "club", the infamous SouthPac, will pretty much let anyone in, i swear some girls probably celerbrated their sweet 16ths there. But then again if yuor that desperate to go clubbing that you resort to the Pac then you would be better off getting pissed in yuor rrom at college

Venusian

HSC
i vaguely remember id's being checked when getting the wrist band before getting on the bus, but then again my memory is pretty hazy
Just ask when you buy your ticket

eurox

HSC
I think most people have answered it all.

Just a little addition... Most of the clubs here ID. Places suches as Mooseheads and Academy are very strict on IDs.

eurox

HSC
dichotomy said:
I was just wondering what the deal is for 17 year olds at ANU, particularly at college.
I'm in your boat too! Go team! *HI5* I'm an underage kid this year too. When do you hit the legal barrier? haha

I tried PMing you but it didnt work very well

Have a good one

dichotomy

HSC
eurox said:
I tried PMing you but it didnt work very well
Sorry, I just realised I had some function disabled so I couldn't receive PMs! I've fixed it now so I can receive them.

Do you think Canberra will be tighter than Sydney? Oh- just realised I don't know if you're from Sydney.

eurox

HSC
last_chance said:
Being underage is no problem for those who dont drink!
You're kidding me, right? :p

Bouncers don't let us in... I personally am never a fan of the kids that hang outside clubs with nothing better to do ;) lol

Last edited:

dichotomy

HSC
can I just ask, are you allowed into all the college/uni bar functions if you've signed the agreeance not to drink??? Or can you not go at all. O week is sounding like I should stay in Sydney till Uni actually starts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)