underage kids drinking food colourings to get drunk (1 Viewer)

Che08

HSC
yeah i agree i dont think a tax will fix it.. they will just have to show id when buying.. but i never see checkout chicks asking for id when people buy knives and ciggies anyway..

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Che08 said:
yeah i agree i dont think a tax will fix it.. they will just have to show id when buying.. but i never see checkout chicks asking for id when people buy knives and ciggies anyway..
Showing ID didn't work for alcohol, why will it work for food colouring?

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
They can tax one kind of alcohol more than another type of alcohol... how is that any fairer?
because it isnt an alcoholic beverage, its a baking product. i reckon they would have trouble trying to put a tax on it. the other soution mentioned was alcohol substitutes. but doing that would cost the companies so much money in development and regulation from FSANZ

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Double the cost of all acohol so that dickheads don't drink and drive, and so teenagers can't binge. Only drink it on occasion. Problem solved.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
lil lelu said:
because it isnt an alcoholic beverage, its a baking product. i reckon they would have trouble trying to put a tax on it. the other soution mentioned was alcohol substitutes. but doing that would cost the companies so much money in development and regulation from FSANZ
It has alcohol in it though. If it is harmful to society the government has the responsibility of taxing it.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Double the cost of all acohol so that dickheads don't drink and drive, and so teenagers can't binge. Only drink it on occasion. Problem solved.
Double the cost of all alcohol = double the event of theft and robbery.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
It has alcohol in it though. If it is harmful to society the government has the responsibility of taxing it.
A bottle of grog could be $100 and teens will still drink it. It doesnt matter how much it is taxed

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
A bottle of grog could be $100 and teens will still drink it. It doesnt matter how much it is taxed
yeah if people want to drink it they will, legally or illegaly

iamsickofyear12

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
The latest tax has helped make drugs a more competitive substitute for alcohol... but your suggestion would definitely make them the cheaper alternative... not the best idea.

...and I am a much safer driver when I am drunk than I am after I have taken drugs.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Yes. And thus the stupidity of the drink taxing. Which I think 'iamsickofyear12' posted a page or so back.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I did this once. It gets you pretty smashed pretty fast, but it's one of the most disgusting tasting things around.

IIRC, talking on the mobile, or not having slept for 24+ hours both on average impair response time and judgement as severely as alcohol.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
The latest tax has helped make drugs a more competitive substitute for alcohol... but your suggestion would definitely make them the cheaper alternative... not the best idea.
Drugs aren't that easy to get a hold of are they? I think we need to find out why teenagers are binge drinking and then rectify the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Drugs aren't that easy to get a hold of are they? I think we need to find out why teenagers are binge drinking and then rectify the issue. Anyone have any ideas?
Sir, are you for real?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:
Many drugs are quite easy to get hold of if you're looking for them. Otherwise, you'll probably rarely ever hear about them, let alone see them.

I think that's the key thing: they only appear to you if seek them. This is why they'll never disappear, but never be a massive problem, either... unless you give people reasons to go looking for them, such as prohibitively expensive alcohol, or mass dissatisfaction with life.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
They are not really obvious, you are somewhat unlikely to randomly come across them... but so many people are into them that it would not take very much asking around to find someone who could get some.

...and it doesn't take long to make contacts. Once you know someone that sells them they are as easy to get as alcohol, probably easier for people who are under 18.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
TacoTerrorist said:

Last monday when i was sitting in manning having a beer, the guy that i was having the beer with sold 15 ecstasy tablets in the space of an hour. So yes drugs are easy to get just open your eyes. Also you know those people that sit at bus stops and train stations right next to the rainwater drain with backpacks on the ground, well guess what..... DRUG DEALERS.

Back on topic, FFS food colouring next thing you know kids will be drinking metho and terps. And if anyone here is having that brilliant idea, don't they are both toxic and will likely, a, kill your liver to a point where you won't be able to drink ever, b, kill you.

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Back on topic, FFS food colouring next thing you know kids will be drinking metho and terps. And if anyone here is having that brilliant idea, don't they are both toxic and will likely, a, kill your liver to a point where you won't be able to drink ever, b, kill you.
surely anyone that thinks about drinking them is better off dead...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Raven3333 said:
Last monday when i was sitting in manning having a beer, the guy that i was having the beer with sold 15 ecstasy tablets in the space of an hour. So yes drugs are easy to get just open your eyes.
Pretty decent money for 1 hours work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)