Undergrad at UNSW (1 Viewer)

xkingko

HSC
Hay guys.. I wanted to know how hard getting into the undergrad med course in unsw would be. I'm still in year ten and am doing chem and MX1 next year. I want to know an atar and umat score that is likely to get me an interview

Thx

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you checked UNSW atar requirement yet ?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Hay guys.. I wanted to know how hard getting into the undergrad med course in unsw would be. I'm still in year ten and am doing chem and MX1 next year. I want to know an atar and umat score that is likely to get me an interview

Thx
ATAR of 99+ with UMAT score of 85+ would get you an interview

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
ATAR of 99+ with UMAT score of 85+ would get you an interview
85%tile...

Just bear in mind though, if you really do well in one component e.g. ATAR of 99.95 or thereabouts or Umat of near 100th percentile, you need lower marks of the other.

Also, if you don't get in one yr because of either a low ATAR or umat, you can always repeat the umat. I advised a student of mind to do so and he improved his umat but he really focussed on his GPA and is currently sitting on a 7 (straight HDs). Given his 98atar, he has given himself a realistic chance of med at unsw despite not being looked at many other unis.

ocatal

HSC
Here's a table that shows the cut off for UNSW:

UMAT.jpg

So the minimum ATAR requirement is 96, combined with a UMAT score of 70. The 'UMAT score' is the average of all 3 sections. A score of 70 is quite hard to achieve so make sure your ATAR is really high. This way the UMAT score is considerably lowered.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
85%tile...

Just bear in mind though, if you really do well in one component e.g. ATAR of 99.95 or thereabouts or Umat of near 100th percentile, you need lower marks of the other.

Also, if you don't get in one yr because of either a low ATAR or umat, you can always repeat the umat. I advised a student of mind to do so and he improved his umat but he really focussed on his GPA and is currently sitting on a 7 (straight HDs). Given his 98atar, he has given himself a realistic chance of med at unsw despite not being looked at many other unis.
Yea percentile but when I say percentile people go WTF??? cause they dont realise for e.g. 58 is their score and the 85 is their percentile >.>

xkingko

HSC
Here's a table that shows the cut off for UNSW:

View attachment 28709

So the minimum ATAR requirement is 96, combined with a UMAT score of 70. The 'UMAT score' is the average of all 3 sections. A score of 70 is quite hard to achieve so make sure your ATAR is really high. This way the UMAT score is considerably lowered.
thx, exactly what i was looking for.. but whats percentile? in the umat??

iBibah

HSC
thx, exactly what i was looking for.. but whats percentile? in the umat??
When you get your UMAT result, you also get a percentile. A percentile just shows how you went compared to everyone else. If you get in the 80th percentile, it means you were among the top 20 percent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)