Undergrad Med: Predicted UAI vs Real UAI (1 Viewer)

ChrisChrisau

HSC
Hey all :)

For the UNSW Undergraduate Medicine/ Surgery Course does the predicted UAI determine whether or not you get a spot after the interview, or just the interview?

What I mean is, if my predicted UAI is, say, 98 (and I have a high enough UMAT score for a UAI of 98) I should get an interview. When the actual UAI is released though and my UAI is, say only 95 will I still be eligible or will that automatically disqualify me from a spot in medicine (assuming my UMAT score isn't high enough for a UAI of 95)?

Tim035

HSC
Your predicted UAI gets you a first round interview, however all offers released are based on your actual UAI + UMAT + interview score. Thus if for example your predicted UAI is 98 and you have a UMAT of say ~180 you may get an interview, however if your actual UAI then came out to be 96 you almost certainly would not receive a first round offer (as a 96 UAI needs close to a 200 UMAT to be competitive).

EDIT- Just for clarification, you would not be 'automatically disqualified', the faculty of medicine simply produces each year what UMAT each associated UAI bracket would need in order to stand a chance of receiving an offer (based on the previous years UAI's + UMAT).

Hope this helps, and good luck if this is your HSC year :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)