undergraduate med, who can cut it? (1 Viewer)

aijay

HSC
what personal traits etc are necessary to keep up with the workload? to get good enough grades? deal with all the pressures in general? as im sure passion isnt quite enough.

id just like to hear some thoughts...

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
brains, and hardwork.
if u get in, u have the required skill to graduate.
i guess u can fail, if u tried.

aijay

HSC
mm of course :)
you see, being only 16 and just starting out in the hsc, im just deciding on my goal. i WILL do something related to medicine, i just understand that an actual degree in medicine is a difficult path.
would like some experienced advice, to decide if i can set my goal that high

DTFM

HSC
you see, being only 16 and just starting out in the hsc, im just deciding on my goal. i WILL do something related to medicine, i just understand that an actual degree in medicine is a difficult path.
You should become a nurse instead. Australia needs nurses.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
its not a matter of if u can set it that high or not. its a matter of what u want to do. after all, ur only starting ur HSC. if u set a goal, work hard at it then u can achieve it. no goal is too high. u need good marks for medicine, but not top marks.
if u can do well in the umat, uai and show that u have a true passion for medicine and have a great reason to do medicine in the interview, then they will let u in.
they would rather want some1 who is interested, and willing to learn (with alright marks) rather than some1 who has awesome marks but is only doing med cuz they can.
no need for 100 uai and 99.95 umat. its helpful, but not essential.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol my "alternative" to medicine was Veterinary Science, so there you go!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im graduating this year

and i think its just about being smart about workload, time managment and furthering ur understanding..

see if you understand medicine and have no social skills.. you are a bad doctor.. and vice versa..being good at both and working on ur weaknesses is key to being a great doctor.

btw... patients that like doctors tend not to sue them.
patients that are jerks/insane.. will sue everyone..

reality is.. you need other skills lik surviving long hours on your feet... being able be to be a good subordinate.. taking initiative when ur on your own...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)