Undergraduate Representative to the University Senate 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Undergraduate Representative to the University Senate

Phanatical said:
Having used internal mail regularly over the last four years, and having my own university address (two, in fact - one at the Con and one at the Seymour), I can say with confidence that lodging mail by either placing it in an assignment box, or giving it directly to the people who check the assignment boxes is the easiest and most efficient way for a student to place something into Internal Mail as there is a Outbox at EVERY assignment box. Assignment boxes are checked EVERY day in EVERY faculty, even during the AVCC common week - and for some, even between semesters - and mail is immediately placed into the outbox. You REALLY think I wouldn't look into the issue before raising it?

Also, I should so report you to a mod for calling me an "idiot".
Explain why I've been able to submit assignments days late without penalty because certain boxes haven't been checked on the due date?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC

withoutaface said:
Explain why I've been able to submit assignments days late without penalty because certain boxes haven't been checked on the due date?
A valid point, but they're SUPPOSED to be checked every day. I still maintain that for most students, it's the ONLY way they're gonna be arsed to actually vote - and that putting internal mail in an assignment box is the same as putting real mail in an Australia Post box - it WILL (eventually) be collected, and sent on. Considering that I'm probably the only person on here to actually HAVE an internal mail address (two, in fact), I'd say that I know what I'm talking about.

hophie

Sophie
HSC
http://digest.idmedia.org.au/2006

Back in mid-August, nominations closed for the undergraduate student Senate Fellow election. At the time, we ignored this, because even by student hack standards, Senate Fellow elections are dredging the barrel of tedium and triviality. We have since been informed of the error of our ways, and are now clued-up about the many, varied and important benefits to the student community of this crucially important position within the university structure. Never let it be said that we don’t suffer for your benefit, esteemed reader.

So allow me to wade through all of that and say that as a reporting exercise, we stand by our original opinion. But we’ll pretend to mitigate all of that this week, because of a (very mildly) interesting snippet. We gather from unofficial sources that Liberal candidate Duncan McKay presently has a healthy lead in the voting stakes. Yes, we are aware that technically, voting doesn’t close until September 29 and the election itself occurs on October 3. But we have our ways and means – one who is about as far from a McKay proxy as it’s possible to get.

Clearly, that doesn’t make the snippet fact. But it is true that McKay has been running a fairly concerted campaign. This is on account of the Libs being exceptionally pissed that the uni has given the student organisations such a generous bailout deal, due in no small part to incumbent Rose Jackson’s efforts (and address book). Some of the Digest’s other ways and means suggest that McKay, who has been running under the appellation of ‘The’ ‘College’ ‘Candidate’ (sic), has been busy courting the, um, college vote. Our tip is that these efforts will be in vain and that most college types will do what they usually do and vote for Rose. And that he’ll be hammered on preferences. But on the possibility that our source is right, the left might like to pull their finger out and gear up for a final push.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: http://digest.idmedia.org.au/2006

hophie said:
Back in mid-August, nominations closed for the undergraduate student Senate Fellow election. At the time, we ignored this, because even by student hack standards, Senate Fellow elections are dredging the barrel of tedium and triviality. We have since been informed of the error of our ways, and are now clued-up about the many, varied and important benefits to the student community of this crucially important position within the university structure. Never let it be said that we don’t suffer for your benefit, esteemed reader.

So allow me to wade through all of that and say that as a reporting exercise, we stand by our original opinion. But we’ll pretend to mitigate all of that this week, because of a (very mildly) interesting snippet. We gather from unofficial sources that Liberal candidate Duncan McKay presently has a healthy lead in the voting stakes. Yes, we are aware that technically, voting doesn’t close until September 29 and the election itself occurs on October 3. But we have our ways and means – one who is about as far from a McKay proxy as it’s possible to get.

Clearly, that doesn’t make the snippet fact. But it is true that McKay has been running a fairly concerted campaign. This is on account of the Libs being exceptionally pissed that the uni has given the student organisations such a generous bailout deal, due in no small part to incumbent Rose Jackson’s efforts (and address book). Some of the Digest’s other ways and means suggest that McKay, who has been running under the appellation of ‘The’ ‘College’ ‘Candidate’ (sic), has been busy courting the, um, college vote. Our tip is that these efforts will be in vain and that most college types will do what they usually do and vote for Rose. And that he’ll be hammered on preferences. But on the possibility that our source is right, the left might like to pull their finger out and gear up for a final push.
Evening Soph.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Great. :mad:

gerhard

HSC

that duncan guy bumped into me and didnt apologise the other day

what a dick

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

University Senate Notification said:
An election for one Undergraduate Student Fellow of Senate was held on 3 October 2006. There were 28,394 persons eligible to vote with 1,008 ballot papers received. Of those 1,008, 56 were informal leaving a total of 952 valid ballot papers.
The following candidate has been declared elected for a term of office to commence on 1 December 2006 and conclude on 30 November 2007:
JACKSON, Rose

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)