Undergraduate Transfer question ><! (MQ) (1 Viewer)

anna12125

HSC
I have a very messy situation and i was hoping that posting here would help.
I did the HSC in 2007 and got a UAI of 91. I applied to do Diagnostic Radiation at USYD and recieved the offer during Main Round. HOWEVER, i actually changed my mind after the last date for changing preferences. I really don't want to do this course anymore because i found out that students have to do human anatomy and i can't take that stuff. I guess i never seriously thought about what i liked to do or researched about the course properly.

Now, i want to do Commerce at Macquarie University which had a cut off at aroun 83.30 . I've already changed my preferences to this university for the late round but i know that i'm not guaranteed an offer because there are currently no vacancies left in this course ><

I've talked with some ppl from UAC and Macquarie about transferring to the course i like. They gave me some options of accepting my main round offer and then transferring to Macquarie for the 2nd semester. or i can apply again next year. I don't think that i want to accept the course because i know that my tertiary examination results will count and i'm sure that i won't do well in something i don't like to do. I would like to think that i can transfer into the Commerce course for the 2nd semester or next year 2009.

I want to know if my chances of getting in via this way will be unlikely. If i can apply for the 2nd semester transfer although i didn't not get any offers or study at any university, when and how do i apply?

Will i be able to apply with just my UAI because it seems that university results are taken into account for other students.

I would really like to study at a university since i'm not deferring any offer and i'm afraid that i may not be able to study at all and have to go to TAFE.

thankyou for reading if you have the heart to answer my question =)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
you will most probably get into late round commerce since your uai is way over. But Diagnostic Radiation is a nice course, everyone does commerce lol.

dm4n

HSC
you can apply for mid year transfer where they only check your UAI because first semester results wouldnt be out by then i think

loser101

HSC
"i want to do Commerce at Macquarie University which had a cut off at aroun 83.30"

do this and you will get into commerce 100% guaranteed.

you have 9 preferences

there are nearly 9 difference commerce/finance/business courses at MQ

choose all of them. even if you dont get into BCommerce MQ, at least you still may get into say B.applied finance or b.economics, marketing etc

dont worry there will be at least 1 spot out of those many hundreds of positions where someone will defer or just let thier offer lapse.

mid semester so long as u get a Pass average u can transfer to a Commerce course of your liking

anna12125

HSC
thankyou guys so much for answering.
I have some hope now, before i didn't. But if i don't get any late round offers, i'll just wait for final round ones. If i don't get any, hopefully, i can wait for another year and transfer again. By then, the cut-off wouldn't jump drastically high...

loser101

HSC
look not many students with UAI of >90 goto MQ unless they study Actuarial studies.

i know i studied there and there all dumbo's compared to UNSW.

there will be heaps of places availalble, and you will be one of the first in line.

you may want to put in a preference for UTS and as a 9th option put in a preference for UWS. UWS you will 1000% get in. they will be rolling out the red carpet for you. lol

that way you cant transfer after 1 year of commerce at UWS to MQ and then you wont waste any time

anna12125

HSC
"there will be heaps of places availalble, and you will be one of the first in line."

seriously? because i checked it up and there were no vacancies left O_O

anna12125

HSC
So if people defer their offer, doesn't that also mean a vacancy is left?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)