underside of your arm toning (1 Viewer)

sleepplease

HSC
Ok, this is going to be worded weirdly cos I don't know what the bit I'm talkinga bout is called.

A few months ago I decided to tone up my arms a bit, so I got into doing pushups and I do an aerobics class a couple of times a week when we use light weights (but I'm not convinced they actually do anything) regardless, my bicepts have improved enormously so I;m really happy - but it's all gross and flabby on the underside of my arm. (Dont know what that's called!) What exercises (easy ones) can you do to tone up taht bit so that it doesn't wobby like a gross old person? (or a not-gross old person)

Do you know what I'm talking about!??!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/tricepexercises.htm

thats a variation of tricep pushups on a swiss ball. triceps are pretty much one of the weakest parts of a female's body. so if youre doing these pushups, you might have to go on your knees ("women pushups")/ keep bringing your knees in until you can do them

the main thing is the start putting some weight onto it, then as you get better, you can move your knees further from your body, and maybe even go onto your toes

good luck. theyre hard, but work :)

rozymisty

HSC
ah the tuckshop lady arms as my sister 'kindly' insulted me one day. I was laughing out of shock and trying not to cry at the same time. I will have to try out those triceps thing. I did a shoulder press today at the gym and my arms are killing! But hopefuly they will pay off!

THanks for those exercises.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
if its shoulder press... shouldnt your shoulders be feeling it? lol
edit- wait yeah, i spose its triceps too

and also, if theres any flesh at all on the arm, it will wobble when not tensed, even if its only muscle
when i was doing 70kg for tricep pressdown, at the time i weighed maybe 63kg
and i still had wobbly arms lol

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
guessing that you're a girl...
most girls don't like the idea of hitting the weights that hard... and want to tone, not build
freestyle swimming is generally good for toning the arms... good for an overall body workout plus you'll tone up your stomach and upperbody too

you won't get a huge V liek those female olympians, so relax... unless you swim 10km a day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)