• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Undertaking a bachlor degree overseas whilst holding one from another country (1 Viewer)

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
Hi, I hope this subject hasn't been discussed before, but if it has forgive me:
I am currently undertaking a few bachelor degrees in Australia, but am interested in going back to England to study. The hallowed halls of Oxford/Cambridge would be very nice indeed.

I will be moving back to England upon completion of my degrees in Australia, at present I am currently enrolled in a double degree, and a single degree, I have deferred the LLB part and am thinking of changing my combination. The reason being that it would be a little irrelevant doing an LLB over here if I was to move back to England. If I was to do the LLB in England (Oxford for example), would I have to sit entrance exams, or would they take into account my previous university records? This question is applicable to all other universities too.

Postgrad Law requires the applicant to already hold a Law degree

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

DTFM

HSC
You'd have better luck asking on a UK student forum.

X

xeuyrawp

Hi, I hope this subject hasn't been discussed before, but if it has forgive me:
I am currently undertaking a few bachelor degrees in Australia, but am interested in going back to England to study. The hallowed halls of Oxford/Cambridge would be very nice indeed.

I will be moving back to England upon completion of my degrees in Australia, at present I am currently enrolled in a double degree, and a single degree, I have deferred the LLB part and am thinking of changing my combination. The reason being that it would be a little irrelevant doing an LLB over here if I was to move back to England. If I was to do the LLB in England (Oxford for example), would I have to sit entrance exams, or would they take into account my previous university records? This question is applicable to all other universities too.

Postgrad Law requires the applicant to already hold a Law degree

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I really hate to be the first person to say it, but I feel tough love is necessary.
- You don't even know what the Oxford law degree is. It's not an LLB, it's a BA in law,
- you couldn't even look it up online? All your questions are answered there,
- why would you want to do undergrad law in the UK? It's completely ridiculous. As I outlined elsewhere, unless you are a) a very wealthy citizen and intending to return, or b) study a really niche area, there is no reason to move from Australia to do your undergrad anywhere else. Do your UG here and then go overseas to do grad work,
- it's not 'a little irrelevant doing an LLB over here' if you want to move back to England,
- lastly, you're obviously attracted to the whole Oxbridge thing, which is understandable. That being said, if you want to go there, you'd really need to be showing more initiative. Sorry but it's true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)