UNE channel on IRC!!! (1 Viewer)

natrap

I'm creating a UNE channel on IRC. For those of you who don't know what IRC is go to www.mirc.com. mIRC is the most popular IRC client. Go to server irc.oz.org and join #UNE.

Any queries just ask.

Ashleet

HSC
does anything have to be downloaded for this thing, if so i cant use it

natrap

Yep 5 supporters are required to register a channel. Once I have 5 supporters registered they need to go connect to irc.oz.org server and login with the account they created at aucs.oz.org. you login by typing
>> /msg z@channels.oz.org login <username> <password> << (without the <> obviously)
Then join #UNE. once that is done I can put in the application for registration. After all this shit is done you don't have to login again. Just for registration.

NOTE: Free web-based email addresses such as Hotmail and Yahoo are not allowed in the registration. You need an ISP/university address.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
wont be a min.. i have to use my optus email, which hasnt been checked for a few months.. and has about 300 spam mails

natrap

wats the problem with getin on IRC.
tell me your username you registered so I can put you down as a supporter

sepul

HSC
ahh fuck all of that mucking around, too much to bother with. I have created a channel on dal.net ( #UNE ) just log on and you're there. ( Let me know if you have any troubles with servers )

natrap

its not much trouble. its one-off only. dalnet sux. it is constantly being DoSed. oz.org is australian server. its better.

bobbles

I have a channel registered on AustNet for it.. dont need to worry about getting people to register with websites or anything...

au.austnet.org #une (aussie)

If anyone else wants ownership of it just come in and get it... but i don't mind having it.

Last edited:

sepul

HSC
Yes, just set up a channel that we can all go in with no fucking around with bullshit.

natrap - Dal.net hasn't had problems for over a year now, people tend to stereotype it a lot, without knowing the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)