Unenrolling? (1 Viewer)

jane_86

HSC
If I'm enrolled at usyd and then accept a transfer and enrol in unsw, do I get automatically unenrolled from usyd? or am I enrolled in both until I personally withdraw my enrolment from usyd?

so if I enrol in unsw and then change my mind (in the next week or so), I can just cancel my unsw enrolment and continue on at usyd?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
No! You do not automatically get unenrolled. You don't even get automatically unenrolled if you transfer internally within USYD.

You must withdraw from your course in writing - send it to your faculty office. (I have had a huge problem with USYD and the Department of Education, Science and Training over this and have been fighting the government in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal over the issue.)

However, you have to unenrol by the census date - I think it is in late March sometime. So you still have lots of time to think it over while in the meantime accepting the UNSW offer.

Last edited:

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
moonlightsonata- I thought USYD internal transfers would have been automatic! I spoke to the Student Centre yesterday, and they told me I didn't have to do anything apart from turning up at enrolment. Argh! How ridiculous. It's all so confusing...

:burn:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
MoonlightSonata said:
Thanks for telling me that Ptitsa, I'll be in touch via PM.
Oh the BASTARDS!

I know where this is headed Brent

sarevok

HSC
if you're enrolled at usyd then you need to unenrol by writing to your faculty by february 10.

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
Thanks for the cut off date, sarevok.

Most of the people I spoke to clearly had no idea what they were talking about. However, the lovely guy at the Arts Faculty office told me to send a nice email notifying them... seems like the logical thing to do.

:)

sarevok

HSC
ptitsa said:
Thanks for the cut off date, sarevok.
i'm not sure if that applies to internal transfers though. it just says on the latest email to usyd students about pre-enrolment:

"5. If you decide not to continue with your enrolment in 2006, advise your Faculty in writing by 10 February."

:)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
What if it If I'm enrolled at unsw and then accept an offer to another course in unsw, do I automatically get unenrolled from my old course or do I have to withdraw in writing?

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
click here said:
What if it If I'm enrolled at unsw and then accept an offer to another course in unsw, do I automatically get unenrolled from my old course or do I have to withdraw in writing?
At USYD you would have to withdraw in writing.

I'd do it just to be on the safe side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)