Unfair disadvantage: 'Gorbachev' directly inferred in Cold War question. (1 Viewer)

i.love.my.duck

HSC
bronsie said:
arhh i'm so jealous that you guys have bruce dennet!!! :D that guy is great!
i met him at one of those time management lecture thingys and then in class one day i suddenly made the connection..
lol well if anyone is thinking of going to Macquarie uni...dennett lectures there at the moment (my sister just had him this term) and soon, like next year, or the year after, he's gonna leave baulko and work at macquarie fullish-time

arae

travels
HSC
Wooz said:
Also note if your about to say Pol Pot was mentioned similarly in the Conflict in Indochina question 16b):

"To what extent ws the rise to power of Pol Pot's regime a consequene of the spread of the Vietnam War to Cambodia?" This is consistent with the second Cold War question, however there is now Individual study for Pol Pot.
I'm not quite sure what your position is on the Pol Pot issue but I think there is no contension here.

I did Speer for my personality like 40% of us do so yeh.

I did 16b for Indochina.

What is meant by "Pol Pot's regime" is the Khmer Rouge. The syllabus refers to the aims, nature and methods of Pol Pot's something-or-other, and there is also a mention of the Khmer in the other point. I know in my essay, there is very little I could imagine which I would add to my essay if I had studied Pol Pot as a personality. I knew Pol Pot as a historical figure pretty well, but I didn't use it much in the exam. What was relevant to the question was the Maoist nature of Pol Pot's movement, Operation MENU and the COSVN, the illegal nature of the incursion, the chaos caused by the zealously anti-North Lon Nol government which the CIA put in place etc etc. *Shianouk* was more relevant than Pol Pot.

I'm sorry if I'm preaching to the choir here, I'm not even sure if my view contridicts yours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)