Unfair mum - TAFE or UNI ? (1 Viewer)

Should my friend go to TAFE or UNI ? (Read thread first)

• UNI

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • TAFE

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

Evilo

HSC
I voted uni, but it depends what course he is doing. For some professions it would be better just doing a diploma at tafe, rather than a bachelor at uni. He should do what he wants, and tell his mum to get stuffed. Otherwise he will be her little bitch for the rest of his life.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I would like to speak to his mother. I'm sure I can convince her to allow him to make his own decision over the phone.

If you care about your friend, you'll PM me his home telephone number and his surname. Thank you.

Evilo

HSC
I've seen these kind of mums and what affect they have on a kid. You gotta tell your mate to harden the fuck up and tell his mum that he can do what he likes (provided its a positive thing). If he doesn't then he will have a crappy boring life that he is unhappy with. Otherwise he will go crazy and kill people :p

HSC
Some 18 year olds don't get the freedom to do what they want. It's easy for those who do have the freedom to say 'harden the fuck up', but it's not that simple. I still think it's unfair though. Uni ftw!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Some 18 year olds don't get the freedom to do what they want. It's easy for those who do have the freedom to say 'harden the fuck up', but it's not that simple. I still think it's unfair though. Uni ftw!
qft.

If your friend wants to go to uni, he should go to uni. It's his life, not his mum's.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
Who said i had freedom before i went to uni? I chose to go to uni interstate to get away from the parents. Id seen how other family friends with older brothers had been treated when they studied at home and figured i didn't want the same. Of course when its financial, you may not get a choice, but your whole life cant be dictated by what "mum" says.

what-for?

HSC
Evilo said:
Otherwise he will be her little bitch for the rest of his life.

:rofl: LMAO

Oppressive mothers. that sucks.

I have A LOT of family relatives that have been pushing me into a certain profession ever since the start of the HSC year. The thing is, i didn't want to study that particular course. my parents were initially fine with what i wanted to do, but my relatives still found it necessary to brainwash my mother and father into talking me out of my course because "it will go nowhere". not wanting to be ostracised, my parents pressured me into doing what the relatives wanted ... pfft, NOT LIKELY!

the point is, i had to tackle this issue for 6 months. but i stood my ground. his mother should stop living through him, as all my relatives have tried to do. i wouldn't say i've been ostracised yet, but i'm close to it. i'm a walking cultural disgrace LMAO.

uni ftw.:uhhuh:

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
what-for? said:
i'm a walking cultural disgrace LMAO.
I'm an asian who graduated with 0 units of maths and can not use chopsticks. I'm planning to do an arts course at uni. Lol.

Also, some serious talking needs to be done here between mother and son. What about the kid's dad? What does he think in all this? I think it's always good to get at least one parent on your side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)