Unfair or just part of uni life? (1 Viewer)

Begbie4017

HSC
Im not sure if this is worth making a big deal about or not but for psy105 slides were shown with instructions for our first full report including study information. Some tut classes were told not to write anything down repeatedly because it would be on webct.This was Just prior to the midsem break... waiting waiting get back from break turns out that the slides arent going on webct. So students just have to find someone else that wrote down the instructions and hope they were accurate.
Is this worth complaining about? convenors know about it but there have not been any real explanation of why this happened.
or Is this just part of uni life?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No it isn't fair, and yes you should put that down in the evaluation or complain to your tutor. If they're not willing to listen, go to the convenor, if they're not willing go to the dean and ask for an explanation?

dracover

HSC
well in future i wouldnt pay too much attention to what tutors say about those kinda things. i dont think u can quote them on these things and the uni wont do anything about it u should be asking the lectuer about these things.

yes its unfair but it happens aa lot so if its something important i would always confirm/ask lecturer

CieL

HSC
Weird.
When I did psy105 last year, the tutors kept telling us to copy the tute slides down because they were NOT going to put them up on webct.

Many students asked the slides to be put on webct and the lecturer/head of unit kept telling us that the slides are only a guide and they dont want us to full copy it and not use our heads.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
No it isn't fair, and yes you should put that down in the evaluation or complain to your tutor. If they're not willing to listen, go to the convenor, if they're not willing go to the dean and ask for an explanation?
Absolutely. Tutors, especially new ones, make mistakes.

If they're responsible for a screw up, frequently conveners will cover them by satisfying the student. Go to the tutor first, though, they may change your marks without bringing the convener into it, which is the best way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)