Uni Acceptance (1 Viewer)

ktg_88

HSC
Does anyoneknow why i would be offered a place in to a course with a UAI cut-off higher than my UAI???......because I did, and i'm trying to figure out why!!

CieL

HSC
u looking at the '06 cutoffs?

what course/uni is it? maybe they have too many vacancies *shrugs* it is a possibility

chockie

HSC
same thing happened to me. i was below the '06 cut-off by .4 and i got in. odd.

gorgo31

HSC
One of my friends gained admission into a course where the cut-off was 12.75 points higher than his UAI :)

orchid_violet

HSC
gorgo31 said:
One of my friends gained admission into a course where the cut-off was 12.75 points higher than his UAI :)
what coursee???? what uni???

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
Uni of Woolongong offered me a place with them in Comp. Sci. i was 7.9 below their uai cutoff..

mind you i decided against it anyway.

In short, If a uni thinks that your uai may have been limited by doing crap in a subject(like i did), yet you went really well in asubject or 2 thats aplicable to the uni course, then they may make an offer anyway if they are going to have vacancies.

ie. i went crap in maths+chemistry, but well in ipt+sdd, Woolongong made an offer based on the fact i had reasonable results in SDD/IPT

DD

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
A friend of mine only had a UAI of 52 and managed to get into UWS for a buisness course that had a cut off of 78.00! She didn't do the STAT test either! The Uni rung her up and said if she changed her preferences around they'd let her in. I know some of you may say well it is UWS but thats a BIG difference without the STAT test or any other extra points aswel.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
The Canberra Times explains it this way:

"Some current year 12 applicant may recieve an offer to a course even though they have a UAI below the UAI published as the cut-off for the course. In such cases, the institution concerned has used other selection criteria in addition to or instead of the UAI. The institution entries in Part 2 of the UAC 2006 Guide giver further information..."

hoppi10

HSC
Please answer this:::

what should i do if i realised i really wanted to do my second preference instead of my first.. I got into both and would really prefer to do the second preference instead of the first but now they have offered me the first one?

thanks

rego2

HSC
hoppi10 said:
Please answer this:::

what should i do if i realised i really wanted to do my second preference instead of my first.. I got into both and would really prefer to do the second preference instead of the first but now they have offered me the first one?

thanks
Im in the same boat... theres nothing we can do but change our preference around and hope we get the course we wanted in the "Late Round"......

Danoz The Great

HSC
I was 8.5 points under the cutoff and I still got in :)
I think it would probably be because there were vacancies still available for the course you were successful in getting an offer in.

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
ive heard from people involved with universities that some publish higher cutoffs to make themselves sound more elite or prestgious and stuff...

Danoz The Great

HSC
One of the teaching professors at UNE were talking of moving the cutoff down to 75 or 70 UAC applicants this year.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
do u think ill get into a creative writing course with a UAI thats about 18.25 above my UAI????? (Canberra Uni)

LOL..i have a feeling not....but they still have places in the course i saw in the paper yestersay!

Last edited:

blue16

HSC
N/A
ktg_88 said:
Does anyoneknow why i would be offered a place in to a course with a UAI cut-off higher than my UAI???......because I did, and i'm trying to figure out why!!
Congrats on getting into your course. Dont worry why you got in, be happy u did. My friend is in the same situation as you. she got a uai of around 51 but got into a cpurse at csu with a uai cut off score of 75. 24 marks above what she got. she was shocked too. But congrats again.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
blue16 said:
Congrats on getting into your course. Dont worry why you got in, be happy u did. My friend is in the same situation as you. she got a uai of around 51 but got into a cpurse at csu with a uai cut off score of 75. 24 marks above what she got. she was shocked too. But congrats again.
WOW!.....could be a chance for me!....wot course was it? if u dont mind me asking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)