Uni Advice - Which Law School? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
Perhaps a bit of bible reading, lots of commerce people and lots of overly jittery law students.
true true true... should i have gone to usyd? but my muse is here... :(

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
..................................................................................................................
I think 90% of people doing law are law-toting wankers, and I'm afraid i'm turning into one.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Frigid said:
i don't think there are many homosexuals in law. maybe because the only reason we did law was to make bucketloads of money and bang gold-diggers. :D
Really?

I think the situation is slightly different at USyd, my classes seem to have quite a few queer folks in them. On that point, funniest thing happened in Fed Con last semester, I - in my usual hugging everyone, short short footy shorts and singlet wearing self - was usually seated between two great gay guys. At the end o' semester party they were 'very friendly' to me, if you catch my drift. It was a a rip snorting good time, but both were cool when I told them that my souffle doesn't rise in that kind of oven. :)

But I reckon I'd turn for you, Santa :D

I'm hot just like an oven
I need some lovin' ...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Really?

I think the situation is slightly different at USyd, my classes seem to have quite a few queer folks in them. On that point, funniest thing happened in Fed Con last semester, I - in my usual hugging everyone, short short footy shorts and singlet wearing self - was usually seated between two great gay guys. At the end o' semester party they were 'very friendly' to me, if you catch my drift. It was a a rip snorting good time, but both were cool when I told them that my souffle doesn't rise in that kind of oven. :)

But I reckon I'd turn for you, Santa :D

I'm hot just like an oven
I need some lovin' ...
You are a very peculiar fellow manlychief...

Frigid said:
true true true... should i have gone to usyd? but my muse is here... :(
Law school has...

1. Bible reading

2. Jittery law students. I'm still jittery even though exams are finished. I'll relax soon.

3. Commerce students

4. Girls...but they are generally aiming higher, reading the bible, or avoiding entering a relationship in the area in which you have to study (again if it goes wrong it can get uncomfy. It's like getting invovled with someone at the workplace)

Last edited:

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't forget mooting

do you want to throw your name in to judge a round of contracts next year?

I think I'm going to have a hell of a time finding judges :(

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
ManlyChief said:
It was a a rip snorting good time, but both were cool when I told them that my souffle doesn't rise in that kind of oven. :)
Liar! Your avatar says the opposite.

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
i don't think there are many homosexuals in law. maybe because the only reason we did law was to make bucketloads of money and bang gold-diggers. :D
As much as I hate adding fuel to a thread full of lovely absolutionists, don't say 'homosexual', it makes you sound so cold. :)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Frigid said:
it should be based, as i know you will agree neo, on which law school has the cutest asian girls ;)
That's extra curricular!

Besides which, I advocate quality over quantity, and there are two amazingly good looking girls who do law at ANU. Two. Two.

I'm just going to go and have a cry now.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
Law school has...

1. Bible reading

2. Jittery law students. I'm still jittery even though exams are finished. I'll relax soon.

3. Commerce students

4. Girls...but they are generally aiming higher, reading the bible, or avoiding entering a relationship in the area in which you have to study (again if it goes wrong it can get uncomfy. It's like getting invovled with someone at the workplace)
It's probably a good thing you don't do comm/law. There's a lot of cbs/christian students in commerce. Not sure if it's more or less than law but there's a lot.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Sarah said:
It's probably a good thing you don't do comm/law. There's a lot of cbs/christian students in commerce.
I'm well aware of that :p

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Don't forget mooting

do you want to throw your name in to judge a round of contracts next year?

I think I'm going to have a hell of a time finding judges :(
I sure would. But I think I'd have to brush up on my contracts :\

----------
On the point of jitteriness I think I scared an arts girl in a tute. I was sitting in a 2 hour seminar and my mind had drifted to the four mile high pile load of work to be done (partly due to the fact I managed to catch some kind of super virus at the motor show which rendered me dead (in university terms dead ='unable to do essays or readings properly) for 3 weeks of the session...not good)...I had started to wring my hands and crack my fingers vigorously under the desk and in my lap...I caught her staring at my...um..hand fidgeting. I think I scared her because I must have looked VERY highly strung.

She then asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with her (unaware that I have a gf)...I must have looked startled or something. I don't usually get asked to go to the movies with anyone. Even if she was merely doing it in a plutonic merely friend type way. I spluttered something about having to study...needing to study and not being able to go with her...

So that's it guys. Look like you are about to have a nervous breakdown and arts girls will offer a movie to you out of pity.

Last edited:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
haha i thought she did it randomly....it's much funnier that it was because she thought you looked high strung :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
rhapsody: :p... well it seems more formal than calling them ghey folkz :p

well, since mr erawamai blurted out his love/hand-seizure story, i just wanna say i have the huge-est crush on carrot. she's shang and cute as a button, sweeter than cake ;). but she's taken. :(

and forever (at least til the end of my law degree) i will have law exams with her (our surnames are always allocated to the same room), and shall gaze upon her pretty face knowing that what i may admire i cannot have :(

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Frigid said:
well, since mr erawamai blurted out his love/hand-seizure story, i just wanna say i have the huge-est crush on carrot. she's shang and cute as a button, sweeter than cake ;). but she's taken. :(
It's not a love story. It's a story about how highly strung I was this session. Now I wring my hands when I'm stressed. Now I'm developing the early stages of arthritus.

frig said:
forever (at least til the end of my law degree) i will have law exams with her (our surnames are always allocated to the same room), and shall gaze upon her pretty face knowing that what i may admire i cannot have
Could you be any more soppy :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
Could you be any more soppy :rolleyes:
but she's drop-dead, straight to hell, cute!!! haha sorry to sound like a monologue from a rom-com, but i just find carrot the cutest girl evar. :$

*sigh*

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
but she's drop-dead, straight to hell, cute!!! haha sorry to sound like a monologue from a rom-com, but i just find carrot the cutest girl evar. :$

*sigh*
Is carrot a nicname you've given to her or her real name?

Only reason i ask is that if she uses BOS she might know who you are...

Last edited:

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
011 said:
Liar! Your avatar says the opposite.
:) My avatar says nothing other than: "Do you know the way to the nearest Post Office" in 6 languages :)

Granted, I think mr avatar does mumble every now and then something along the
lines of "I've lost my phone number, can I have yours spunky?" and other assorted trashy pickup lines.

Speaking of trashy pickup lines - EVERYONE MUST COME TO THE USYD LAW SOCIETY'S (SULS) CHRISTMAS PARTY TONIGHT (Friday)

The Burdekin, 2 Oxford St Darlinghurst
8pm-12pm
$35 non-union

3 floors of festive fun and bar tabs! No dress code specified, but we had the Easter party there too and once in, the bouncers let me take my shirt off, so we could have a shirtless and sexy theme of our own! :)

Photos of the night will be on the SULS website soon ... look for the shirtless maniac with glitter tassles on his nipples ...

I love you all, because you are all hot, so hot right now.
3 big hugs,
MC xoxox :)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
hahahaha this thread gets exponentially funnier

lol Manly. Doing law students proud! I am randomly playing tennis Friday night so, while I of course always intended to come to the SULS event, that path has been vitiated ;)
erawamai said:
It's not a love story. It's a story about how highly strung I was this session. Now I wring my hands when I'm stressed. Now I'm developing the early stages of arthritus.
haha. You need one of those Bored of Studies stressballs
Frigid said:

*sigh*
You'll never get over her with that attitude. Give liberty to thine eyes -- examine other beauties!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sarah said:
Is carrot a nicname you've given to her or her real name?

Only reason i ask is that if she uses BOS she might know who you are...
it's her nickname, derived from her real name. and she knows that i like her so it doesn't really matter. just that she's going out with someone. :(

my brother moonlightsonata can vouch for my views on her :)

and i regrettably must decline your invitation mr manlychief - i've got torts exam on today, admin tuesday, contrax wednesday. have fun tho :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)