• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni Bridging Courses? (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Hey I heard from a friend that you can do bridging courses such as MX2 in about a week..
How on earth is that possible considering the amount of work covered in Year 11 and 12.
This isn't just considering MX2, I'm quite sure it is applicable in the majority of other subjects as well.
Any information is appreciated :)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Hey I heard from a friend that you can do bridging courses such as MX2 in about a week..
How on earth is that possible considering the amount of work covered in Year 11 and 12.
Very relevant question. Probably covering only those parts of 4U that are pertinent to 1st year Maths courses only. Thus Graphs, Mechanics and Harder 3U topics may not be critical and are therfore not covered. I am only speculating here. It is best to receive feedback from those who have done such bridging courses to tell them of their own experience.

I recall the case of a Baulko student several yrs ago doing a bridging course in Physics becuse she did not do it in her HSC and wanted to do Engineering at UNSW. Don't know how she went in Engg in the end.

My own take, like yours, is - how can you cover 1 or 2 year's work in 1-week however intensive? Are you yourself thinking of taking a bridging course?

Last edited:

cheezburger

HSC
I did a bridging course for maths extension 1 at UTS. It ran for about 10 days and wasn't very helpful. They only go through a few math topics. The course was free though. If the uni has bridging courses running for free, then I recommend attending them.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
I did a bridging course for maths extension 1 at UTS. It ran for about 10 days and wasn't very helpful. They only go through a few math topics. The course was free though. If the uni has bridging courses running for free, then I recommend attending them.
How are you coping from the jump from general?

cheezburger

HSC
How are you coping from the jump from general?
Surprisingly, very well. I'm not struggling too much with anything at the moment, which is awesome. I scored 100% in my last maths test and I'm getting higher marks than some of the guys doing EX1 and EX2. Obviously I do have to study a bit more than everyone else.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Surprisingly, very well. I'm not struggling too much with anything at the moment, which is awesome. I scored 100% in my last maths test and I'm getting higher marks than some of the guys doing EX1 and EX2. Obviously I do have to study a bit more than everyone else.

Nice work! You mean mx1 and mx2 lol

But seriously, that's amazing. keep it up :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
EX means English Extension.

MX means Maths Extension.

if you're silly you use EE or ME for some reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)