Uni/failing subject advice (1 Viewer)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HSC
Hi, I've been thinking about changing from comm/law to something else/law and was wondering if this can be done before semester 2 in first year or after first year or say after second year and if it can how do you get credited for the first year subjects in your new degree if you did commerce ones at the start instead?

The reason I put it here instead of in law is that I suppose the general rule when it comes to changing combined degrees is probably the same.

Also if you fail a subject in your first semester first year, and it is a prerequisite for a subject in second semester (qma for instance) do you then have to do qma again in second semester and pass before you can move on to qmb? and if so how is that extra semester (to do qma again) put into your 5 year combined degree?

One final question, if you are averaging a distinction but totally mess up the final and now will fail the course...yep it was that bad because the exam was out of 60 and u get lower than 46% overall for all assessments (not even conceded pass) is there any mercy or is it fail full stop?

ace

is retired
HSC
If you fail QMA you deserve to go down hard :)

Though, if you found the exam hard, maybe others did as well, so perhaps you won't fail after all. You'll find out by July 11th 2008 your fate.

FeelBare

HSC
Lol, don't give him hope by implying there woud be an extreme case of scaling.

And you can find out whether QMA is a prerequisite for QMB via the UNSW Handbook. If it is then you'll have to do QMA again in second semester if it is offered then. If not, hope that it's offered in summer session. And if it's not even offered at that time... then you'll have to do QMA in 2009.

You also just answered your own question lol: you said that a pass conceded is not awarded if you get 46% and that's that.

bubbly89

HSC
Everyone I've talked to about QMA exam have told me that it completely raped them, then let them go, caught them, and raped them again.

and I don't even do commerce

Its highly likely they'll be scaling people up, or mark it nicely

You may wish to tally up your results so far, you may have not needed to pass the QMA final exam, your final mark just had to be above 50 or something like that...

and yep QMA is def a prerequisate for QMB

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Try to talk to your lecturer. I got around 2 prerequisites at USYD, but not having completed the first year units. Was hard in the beginning of the course, as I had no background, but I feel I am doing ok in those subjects.

Remember, if you dont ask, you'll never know :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)