uni gym (1 Viewer)

jimjim

hey guys, im new to mq and i was just wondering - is there a uni gym, if so.. whats it like, how much is it?! thanks guys!

"gym, whats a gym?!".. "oooh, a GYM!" - homer j. simpson

ND

HSC
It's crap, but cheap. They're currently rebuilding part of it so they've transferred everything into one massive room, and there's no AC in it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ND said:
It's crap, but cheap. They're currently rebuilding part of it so they've transferred everything into one massive room, and there's no AC in it.
do you know how much it was for registration?

and where abouts is it located now?

RIZAL

HSC
It's basically one of the worst gyms you will find around north ryde but it is cheap (around $100 for 4 months plus a month free if you sign up with a friend).

They only have 1 set of dumbells which is just crazy in a gym catering 20 000 people. If you are using light weights you will find yourself spending a lot of time waiting for others to finish their sets. So try and graduate to heavier weights quickly ;)

Also, kendo trains in the same room sometimes and this can get EXTREMELY offputting when you are trying to pump out that last rep big rep. Those kendo guys must not realise how pansy their little screams sound.

If you are scouting for talent, it is not the gym to be in.

the lack of AC can get pretty intense in summer but I just think of IFBB Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman who trains in even hotter conditions!

Hope this helps.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
LOL... aahahaha... his traps must be HUGE!!

anyway, its awesomely cheap. you can pause it during hols and so i ended up paying 100$ for 1 years membership... with 4 referrals... :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
goddam papparazi. i told them to stay away!

somborac

HSC
Don't listen to these bludgers. I find the Gym perfect. It may not be on the same level as Fitness First or any of that high tech crap...this gym has everything u need. At times it can get busy but u just need to know when to go there. Most of the time u can enjoy your workout with plenty of equipment to go around and plenty of space. If you know what you are doing and have a program for yourself this is as good as any other and plus its cheap.

visit www.musa.mq.edu.au for more info

X

xeuyrawp

jimmyjojo said:
hey guys, im new to mq and i was just wondering - is there a uni gym, if so.. whats it like, how much is it?! thanks guys!

"gym, whats a gym?!".. "oooh, a GYM!" - homer j. simpson
Just come jogging with me. It'll make you feel much more better about yourself than the gym, too.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
somborac said:
Don't listen to these bludgers. I find the Gym perfect. It may not be on the same level as Fitness First or any of that high tech crap...this gym has everything u need. At times it can get busy but u just need to know when to go there. Most of the time u can enjoy your workout with plenty of equipment to go around and plenty of space. If you know what you are doing and have a program for yourself this is as good as any other and plus its cheap.

visit www.musa.mq.edu.au for more info
hmm i agree...its good enough for me, but if you are a more serious then Fitness First would be a better option...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Fitness first is a cult. Everywhere I turn in the CBD there is another person with another fitness first backpack or drink bottle. Funnily enough, all these people are overweight or emaciated.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They should join my gym, Team Lazyfucks

jimjim

yeah, im not too serious about it, i really couldnt care less. i mean i jog at home and stuff, but i was just wondering if it was really worth it. thanks for the advice guys!

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I do enough walking/running at uni. If only maq had sword fighting, id be so there! (fencing is too restricted, i want something more 'in your face' berserker kind of sport).

Tabris

HSC
I cant really mix gym with uni studies even if it is at the uni, problem is that i will be too tired to concentrate or focus, It takes me 1:30 hrs to get to uni one way, if ur in the same position as me I wouldnt recommend it.

Its equipment is the not the best but good enough and its fees are very reasonable compared to others, if u live next to uni i would recommend it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha that's probably because i don't go there much :( too lazy! :p

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
Hey, I didnt know we belonged to the same gym!! :D
Me too! I usually sit up the back, have a doze off, and then walk to the pool to perve on cute water poloers. :)

somborac

HSC
I ride my bike to uni and back 23 km (45min) each way (along M2) do some study, classes and after or in between classes go to gym for 1.5 hours...I do this 3 times a week. But then when i do it i spend most of the day at uni. Its a hard regime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)