Uni Help! (1 Viewer)

natebrah1

HSC
So i've got my hsc results and im looking at an atar of about 95 which is a lot higher then i originally expected... i had put down uni of newcastle with a entry atar of 60 for bachelor of commerce/bachelor of business but a few teachers have told me it would be a good idea to switch to UTS or UNSW. My parents on the other hand want me to stay at uni of newcastle just because its easier and to them all uni degrees mean the same

what really is the difference between a degree from uni of newcastle and of UTS and UNSW and is it worth my time travelling to sydney (2hr travel) just to go to these uni's?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So i've got my hsc results and im looking at an atar of about 95 which is a lot higher then i originally expected... i had put down uni of newcastle with a entry atar of 60 for bachelor of commerce/bachelor of business but a few teachers have told me it would be a good idea to switch to UTS or UNSW. My parents on the other hand want me to stay at uni of newcastle just because its easier and to them all uni degrees mean the same

what really is the difference between a degree from uni of newcastle and of UTS and UNSW and is it worth my time travelling to sydney (2hr travel) just to go to these uni's?
Just go to UoN - 2 hours per way... that's a long commute.

natebrah1

HSC
Thanks for your help - would there be anything id be missing out on like career wise by going to UoN and not UTS/UNSW?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thanks for your help - would there be anything id be missing out on like career wise by going to UoN and not UTS/UNSW?
Just don't be a completely terrible person - and you'll be on par. I will not lie to you though, there are some employers who will reject any application not from UNSW or Sydney - as I've heard - but, you can make up for it.

But job and career-wise, no, not at all - it's just that some employers may do this 'prestige' thing and go "Hmm, maybe not you because you went to UNCLE" (right acronym, correct?)

inb4prestigedebate

friend177

HSC
Just don't be a completely terrible person - and you'll be on par. I will not lie to you though, there are some employers who will reject any application not from UNSW or Sydney - as I've heard - but, you can make up for it.

But job and career-wise, no, not at all - it's just that some employers may do this 'prestige' thing and go "Hmm, maybe not you because you went to UNCLE" (right acronym, correct?)

inb4prestigedebate
would the 'some employers' take ANU graduates, you know considering its the best UNi and stuff in australia

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, based on international rankings, which don't mean much for an undergraduate seeking employment.

natebrah1

HSC
decided on UNSW! I figured if i don't like the transport side of things and feel it isnt worth it i can always transfer to UoN? Or if i do feel its worthwhile could always move up there and be a bit closer .. ended up with an ATAR of 92.90 but with the bonus points if i went to UNSW it goes up to 96.9 and the course i want the cut-off guide is 96.7 so... kinda cheering hopefully means i can get a spot

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah you can transfer... not sure how easy it is to transfer though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)