uni holidays (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
...1 little silky terrier who sat with me and kept pawing and trying to 'kiss' ( u know dog kiss) me while i tried to put a fan together ...
i hate dog- especially being licked by them- all that comes to my mind is the amount of germs that r transfered onto u when u get licked. :eek:

izi

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
i hate dog- especially being licked by them- all that comes to my mind is the amount of germs that r transfered onto u when u get licked. :eek:
hey, you have just as many germs in your mouth and so does the next person youre gonna kiss. at least the dog doesnt go for your mouth

izi

HSC
(i know.... i'm starting the age old cat vs dog debate :rolleyes: )
also, there is absolutely no reason to debate about cats and dogs as they are completely different animals. if you want a pet thats energetic, fetches sticks, etc you get a dog. if you want a pet that sits around all day admiring itself and is much cleaner than a dog you get a cat. simple!!! there are probably exceptions, but this is just in general

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by izi
hey, you have just as many germs in your mouth and so does the next person youre gonna kiss. at least the dog doesnt go for your mouth
na- but the crap that dogs eat and its general "dirty lifestyle" puts me off- heck i like cats better coz they don't annoy u as much. :p

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by izi
also, there is absolutely no reason to debate about cats and dogs as they are completely different animals. if you want a pet thats energetic, fetches sticks, etc you get a dog. if you want a pet that sits around all day admiring itself and is much cleaner than a dog you get a cat. simple!!! there are probably exceptions, but this is just in general
or if you can't decide, get both. My cat thinks its a dog anyway.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
GOLDFISH ARE NOT EASY TO MAINTAIN
I don't know how my dad does it... the water gets mucky very quickly meaning I have to change the water every few days even though I cleaned the filter and put it on full blast... mum says its prolly cause I feed them too much, so now I'm letting them starve lol.
I promised dad that no fish will die during his trip overseas...

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
what? only 2 weeks of mid semester holidays??? i thought u get a month of holidays b/w the two semesters. :(

yeah...:(..
i think UTS has a month holidays b/w the two semesters.
But then again, they start earlier than us ...and finish a week after us...thats what my friend told me.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah...:(..
i think UTS has a month holidays b/w the two semesters.
But then again, they start earlier than us ...and finish a week after us...thats what my friend told me.
yeah, i feel that i'm getting ripped- i mean, even high skoolers get 2 weeks. :D

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
yeah i reckon, starting early and finishing just a bit late doesn't really matter...there should a months holiday....but anyways...can't do much about it...

a friend was telling that there is such stuff as Union week or some other week, can't remember, where there are not many lectures so students don't turn up...so yeah...we get some time off.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah i reckon, starting early and finishing just a bit late doesn't really matter...there should a months holiday....but anyways...can't do much about it...
well if they ain't gonna give us enuf holidays- we'll just have to make it up ourselves. ;)

Generator

HSC
N/A
There is no union day at USyd... We may get the odd strike or two, but that is about all.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
GOLDFISH ARE NOT EASY TO MAINTAIN
I don't know how my dad does it... the water gets mucky very quickly meaning I have to change the water every few days even though I cleaned the filter and put it on full blast... mum says its prolly cause I feed them too much, so now I'm letting them starve lol.
I promised dad that no fish will die during his trip overseas...
i don tknow where this came from but i agree, they need a bit of attention

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah my midsemester break was spent just catching up on missed work, coz i had a pretty full on timetable and lots of travel time during semester, so i needed it all to catch up. I also was supposed to do work experience (18 weeks over 3 yrs) but i didnt coz i wasnt intending to finish the degree.
Instead i spent my semester break doing work experience for a vet practice in Dubbo, which was fun, but didnt leave me with much of a holiday. I think most courses require you to do some form of work experience, so you dont get to bludge all holidays.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Mambomeg
I think most courses require you to do some form of work experience, so you dont get to bludge all holidays.
:uhhuh:

the degree i wanna transfer into requires me to do 1000 hrs clinical placement over 4 yrs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)