Uni in Europe (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
u gone thru a scholarship program yet?:)
No, but I had a very decent look at it, what decided it for me was that you have to pay your airfare, living expenses and the like which quickly drains whatever money you get from the uni and then costs you some more. I've decided to just complete uni in oz then travel after i've completed studying.

Ingypingy

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

doesn't the living expenses outweigh the marginal difference?
Not always. I guess it depends if you can go as a citizen of that country or if you have to go as an international fee paying student, but if uni is only about say, AU$300-ish a sememster, that's still WAY cheaper than here (esspecially with the 25% hike...) Yes, the living costs are higher in Europe, but the ammount you save on actual uni is worth considering... Also, I guess if you want to see some fo the world anyway it might work out better. Sure, you break even finacially, but you still have the experience on top of that... Also, I hear it's fairly easy to travel to other countires from Europe (esp. within Europe...)

alman

Originally posted by santaslayer
u rejected an overseas exchange program?.............OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!....arghhhhhh
it wasnt an exchange program...it was a complete undergraduate course, like what we are doing here

also, ingypingy - i have no idea where you are getting this $300-sh estimate from...it sounds too good to be true...it certainly is not the UK...over there fees are about 2000pound for uni for citizens, overseas is considerably more....

ive figured that doing postgraduate study overseas would be more beneficial

Ingypingy

HSC
Originally posted by alman
it wasnt an exchange program...it was a complete undergraduate course, like what we are doing here

also, ingypingy - i have no idea where you are getting this $300-sh estimate from...it sounds too good to be true...it certainly is not the UK...over there fees are about 2000pound for uni for citizens, overseas is considerably more....

ive figured that doing postgraduate study overseas would be more beneficial

I heard something about uni in germany being 200 Euro (I assume a semester). I have also heard it is actually free, so I don't know what to believe. I think a few posts back I gave a URL to a thread on Lonley Planet where someone said that... I'll believe that england is that expensive... it's something like $40 for fish and chips there (or so I hear... maybe I should research something for myself rather than go by hearsay, huh?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)