• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni of Melbourne or Monash Uni? (1 Viewer)

MelborMonash

HSC
Hi everyone! I was wondering which university is better? (eg. cost of living, job prospects, living environment) I have also heard that it's easier to score for your grades in Monash rather than Melbourne? Is there any truth to that? Thank you so much for any help on this matter! I've been lurking around the internet for days, but I haven't got the info i wanted. Ps. I am an international student so cost of living is quite high in the priority list

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! I was wondering which university is better? (eg. cost of living, job prospects, living environment) I have also heard that it's easier to score for your grades in Monash rather than Melbourne? Is there any truth to that? Thank you so much for any help on this matter! I've been lurking around the internet for days, but I haven't got the info i wanted. Ps. I am an international student so cost of living is quite high in the priority list
you can live very cheaply around monash. you can find shared accomm for $100 a week.

MelborMonash

HSC
Is the difference of the cost of living between the two cities significant? Or is it just a few dollars? Thanks again fot your reply!

Smoke Eater

HSC
N/A
My bestfriend attends Monash. The price differences is significant. We're talking a couple hundred dollars. It's cheap to live in Southeast Melbourne along the Frankston Line (Anywhere before Frankston as Frankston isn't safe). I live in Southeast Melbourne, it's cheap vs. the CBD/City.

MelborMonash

HSC
I can't thank you enough for yor your replies :D Now, cost of living aside, do you think i will be in a disadvantage graduating from monash as compared to melbourne? Job prospect wise i mean

MelborMonash

HSC
I'm taking Bachelor of Commerce. Do you think employers would take into account between the two universities?

MelborMonash

HSC
How much so? Seeing that doing BComm in Monash is higly regarded as well. Anywaya, thanks a lot!

Smoke Eater

HSC
N/A
Monash is one of the best universities in Melbourne. It's like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)