Uni Open Days (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Re: Infoday/USYD Live

Zepol. said:
it kinda sux that UNSW and macquarie are on at the same time and so far apart :(.. oh well just gonna go to unsw and badger the history people about the byzantines
Yeah I agree. The 2 universities I want to go to most are on the same day and pretty much opposite sides of the city. :(

Getteral09

HSC
N/A

When is the Macquarie College (the city one) open day?

lala2

Banned
HSC

Yeah, I was up there yesterday from 6:15am, on my feet from 7 to 6pm and expecting one huge pay packet on Thursday, yipees! I was one of those people in the No Limits tshirts at the Quad stand--best view EVAR! Loved the debate (unfortunately, got swamped after the convenor was like--I give you...a 48 concessional pass for your sexual favours as I think they're plagiarised, so I didn't hear the end result), the kendo was funny but got tired of it pretty quickly, and it was just big and colourful and great! :D haha, it was a great day!

Can't wait for Info Day next year! :D And yay for getting freebies--people were swamping us at the end for bags because they had accumulated so much stuff, lol.

I'm also rocking up to Macquarie just to see what it's like--it's so sad I live 5 minutes up the road from it and I've never been inside the campus! Probably will drive to Gordon and then catch the free shuttle bus from there to Macquarie.

kewlu

Banned
HSC

Yes, I agree on the issue of the debate.

I'll never get over that guy's brown skin comment. Amazing.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC

Martyno1 said:
Yeah I agree. The 2 universities I want to go to most are on the same day and pretty much opposite sides of the city. :(
Yeah that's totally inconvinient!
But anywho, both are harder to get to than each other hehe
so i guess ill just end up going to view what UNSW has to offer...

Gimlian

HSC

Musk said:
3. A uni version of the royal easter show
As in we'd have to buy the bags of stuff?

:(

What was the gist of the debate? (For anyone who saw it) I just missed it.

:(

beentherdunthat

HSC

Zepol. said:
will they have snakes like uts?
UTS had snakes????? (DAMN! missed out on them)

USYD open day = not good ... It's a killer because of all the walking you have to do!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

noir. said:
Usyd's open day was horrible. The Global Studies lecture Arryn and I went to was HORRIBLE. The lady giving the lecture should be shot.

and lol @ the way Gabriel eats his chips. I WATCHED YOU EATING THEM, AND THEN WATCHED YOU FOLD YOUR CHIP PACKET
:eek:

beentherdunthat said:
USYD open day = not good ... It's a killer because of all the walking you have to do!
I know, so much walking :( Are you coming to UNSW open day this Saturday??

beentherdunthat

HSC

SoulSearcher said:
*gets down on knees and begs for forgiveness*
Hehe, if you do, then yay! :)
lol. I have a chem exam next Monday, so I'm NOT so sure if I can make it. But I'd like to meet everyone!!! If you people get everything planned just tell me the time and place, and if I'm there I'll surprise you guys ! ;)

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC

beentherdunthat said:
lol. I have a chem exam next Monday, so I'm NOT so sure if I can make it. But I'd like to meet everyone!!! If you people get everything planned just tell me the time and place, and if I'm there I'll surprise you guys ! ;)
hehe
i got a business exam monday :)
there r buses from central station to UNSW yeah..

Zepol.

HSC

beentherdunthat said:
UTS had snakes????? (DAMN! missed out on them)

the law stand had snakes!! but ya usyd was sucky... after walking all the way to broadway i went on like a bush trek through this garden and it took forever to reach the top of the hill -_-

lala2

Banned
HSC

Yeah, coming to USYD makes you really fit. I've heard horror stories of people going from Merewether to Wallace between periods, or Bosch to...anywhere, really, or Engineering to Carslaw (which isn't bad distance wise, but when you have to climb over all those stairs past Wentworth....then yes it's bad)

UNSW has stairs--would be pretty bad too, I'd imagine.

HSC
^ Yes! I remember after my first week ever at USYD, I had serious leg cramps :( There was SO much walking. Bear in mind, I was incredibly unfit.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Taking the stairs in Fisher Library is like a minor cardio workout as well. I remember last semester, I had to run from the Quad to Bosch and then next hour run all the way back up to the Quad again. Twas awesome. But now the longest walk I have between classes is Teachers College to Eastern Avenue or something, so I'm losing fitness again.
Zepol. said:
the law stand had snakes!! but ya usyd was sucky... after walking all the way to broadway i went on like a bush trek through this garden and it took forever to reach the top of the hill -_-
What garden was that?

kewlu

Banned
HSC

I really don't think there is that much walking. Probably becuase I play golf.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
^ Yes! I remember after my first week ever at USYD, I had serious leg cramps :( There was SO much walking. Bear in mind, I was incredibly unfit.
ahahah that sounds horrible

Zepol.

HSC

Triangulum said:
Taking the stairs in Fisher Library is like a minor cardio workout as well. I remember last semester, I had to run from the Quad to Bosch and then next hour run all the way back up to the Quad again. Twas awesome. But now the longest walk I have between classes is Teachers College to Eastern Avenue or something, so I'm losing fitness again.

What garden was that?
it was beside those tennis courts near the main entrance.. coming up from the city

beentherdunthat

HSC
#1 ) Anyone going UNSW open day?

#2 ) I'm contemplating going... But i have a chem exam the following Monday, and want to not cram everything for once in my life (never works)... should i go?

#3 ) What's the train/bus route?

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
#1 ) Anyone going UNSW open day?

#2 ) I'm contemplating going... But i have a chem exam the following Monday, and want to not cram everything for once in my life (never works)... should i go?

#3 ) What's the train/bus route?
1) I am going
2) I got a business studies exam monday
3) From straithfield station u get off at central, and there are free shuttle buses to UNSW 'apparantly'

:)
so you coming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)