uni options (1 Viewer)

lexicon45

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to know would IPT be advantageous for Computer Engineering or courses related to it?
I am performing very well in it and confident that i can get band 6 in IPT.

I also heard you could get some bonus ATAR points for certain courses if you do get band 6 in IPT. Anyone one know anything about this?

thanks

Gigacube

HSC
IPT wouldn't help for any uni courses. UTS & UOW offer bonus points if you perform well in IPT. Just Google a uni & 'bonus points' & you'll find some information on that.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Just wanted to know would IPT be advantageous for Computer Engineering or courses related to it?
I am performing very well in it and confident that i can get band 6 in IPT.

I also heard you could get some bonus ATAR points for certain courses if you do get band 6 in IPT. Anyone one know anything about this?

thanks
If you do well in IPT (Band 5/6) you can get 1 or 2 Bonus points at some uni's (But these are only for certain courses which involve Computers, IPT, etc.)

From my knowleadge no HSC subject (Besides maths and maybe a few others) would give you an academic advantage in Uni as Uni work is really different and is totally different. I would only persume doing IPT would in some cases help you understand futher concepts easier.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
If you do well in IPT (Band 5/6) you can get 1 or 2 Bonus points at some uni's (But these are only for certain courses which involve Computers, IPT, etc.)

From my knowleadge no HSC subject (Besides maths and maybe a few others) would give you an academic advantage in Uni as Uni work is really different and is totally different. I would only persume doing IPT would in some cases help you understand futher concepts easier.
some parts are true. IPT and SDD can contain useful topics for I.T related courses. e.g. software development cycle, system dev cycle, octals, hexadecimal, binary numbers, context diagrams, system flowcharts, story boards, algorithms etc. It will give you an edge over other students who have to start from scratch.

Last edited:
HSC
some parts are true. IPT and SDD can contain useful topics for I.T related courses. e.g. software development cycle, system dev cycle, octals, hexadecimal, binary numbers, context diagrams, system flowcharts, story boards, algorithms etc. It's give you an edge over other students who have to start from scratch.
This applies for most degrees, if you do a HSC course which is related it will only give you a foundation for that uni degree

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Gigacube??? no idea where you get that idea from. IPT would be beneficial for any Informatics course and a frame of reference for junior year subjects in IT/Computer whatever.

IPT wouldn't help for any uni courses. UTS & UOW offer bonus points if you perform well in IPT. Just Google a uni & 'bonus points' & you'll find some information on that.

Gigacube

HSC
Gigacube??? no idea where you get that idea from. IPT would be beneficial for any Informatics course and a frame of reference for junior year subjects in IT/Computer whatever.
I wouldn't say it is beneficial for any Informatics course. It will only give you a slight advantage as these concepts are very easy to learn.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
If by computer engineering you mean the more hardware related courses, maths and physics (especially maths) would be more useful.

IPT is good for a general overview of IT-ish things but I didn't find it particularly useful in terms of skills for my degree so far, only in terms of a little background knowledge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)