Uni or full-time work? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was wondering how many people just want to get full time work after school. as opposed to uni

personally i'd rather be working than at school now. but seeing as i have a traineeship if i was to drop out of school then i'd also be unemployed. which i don't want..

its so hard to get work now with the recession

anyway. full time or uni? why?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Seize the opportunity to enter university upon receiving your HSC and ATAR results.
Enter later and people risk having people assume you have either failed a number of courses (lolol) or see you as a mature student.
Unless you can blend in the garden of older students with wrinkles and bald patches.

HSC
Seize the opportunity to enter university upon receiving your HSC and ATAR results.
Enter later and people risk having people assume you have either failed a number of courses (lolol) or see you as a mature student.
Unless you can blend in the garden of older students with wrinkles and bald patches.
I probably will fail most of my courses.
i just don't want to go to uni at all.
its not for me

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
you pick either uni or full time work

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was wondering how many people just want to get full time work after school. as opposed to uni

personally i'd rather be working than at school now. but seeing as i have a traineeship if i was to drop out of school then i'd also be unemployed. which i don't want..

its so hard to get work now with the recession

anyway. full time or uni? why?
I think you've pretty much answered your own question, if you don't want to go to uni, don't.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I like uni. For me, it's awesome because it extends on the knowledge in school. Like, today in Algebra - I was lectured on vector spaces and in about seven weeks time, a 'great epiphany' would come upon us where we'd realise the point of it all. My lecturer portrayed it alike to how arithmetic (i.e. 2+3=5) was generalised to algebra (e.g. 2+x=5).

That's interesting for me.

Now, for some people, it might be that they don't like the stuff that uni offers and they'd prefer to work and get a job straight away.

It's a personal preference and I choose uni.

Besides, there's lotta pretty girls there =P

Attractive female arts students, ftw!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Uni for me, teaches you important skills which will allow you to be more successful later on in tour working life (obviously you need a brain to use what you learn, so not everyone learns), and hence earn more :biggrin:

Oh I love $$

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)