• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Preferences + Selection + So I Dont Get Confused At Da Time! (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
HEYYY

this is just a shout out to people's who know what happens when it's time to choose uni course preferences. How does the whole thing work? What happens? What do we gotta do? When does it happen?

And is there any little things you gotta know about? Anyone screw up their preferences somehow?

thaaanks!

just dont wanna be confused when this all happens lollll

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
live.fast said:
HEYYY
lollll
You put in a bunch of preferences, you probably get one.

Also, adding extra copies of letters on the end of the word only serves to make you look like a retard.

williamc

HSC
I also have a question. Say all of your preferences are accepted, do you have to chose your first preference or can you pick any of your nine options?

HSC
It cannot be stressed enough how important it is to put your preferences in the correct order.

When you put down your preferences, you do just that. Your uni courses in preferential order.

All your preferences are entered into the computer, it processes it and you get ONE offer. If you get your first preference you will get offered that. If not it will go down until it can find you a course that will let you in with the UAI/other criteria you have got. If that's as low as your ninth preference so be it. If you got your first preference all is well and good, if not you can keep your preferences as they are and hope to get a later round offer, but that depends on how many spots there are left and the like.

So be sure to put some really low UAI course down as your last preference and last resort in case something goes wrong and your UAI isn't quite what you expected.

Also by the same token, don't be daunted by UAI cutoffs, as these change every year, and even if they don't they might still accept you on other criteria, like if you do engineering they will look at your maths and physics marks, to name an example. You just never know what might happen.

It is important that you put the courses in the correct order. If you don't get your first offer, you may be able to try again in the later rounds, there's three rounds of offers (I think), which may give you a chance (even if slight) of getting into what you want.

Last edited:
HSC
nichhhole said:
what if you're not going straight to uni?
do i still do it?
argh!
If you don't go straight to uni its best still to apply through UAC like your fellow Year 12 people, accept your uni place and then defer your place for up to a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)