• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uni Question (1 Viewer)

ladberry

HSC
Say if you dont get the uai you want say you need a 75 and you only like a 60 or whatever

is there still mcuh chance of them letting you into that course

thanks

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
it depends, on a number of factors:

-how popular the course is
(a less popular course could ahve a UAI cutoff drop)

-if you can apply for the EAS (Educational Access Scheme)
(this means you will be competeing for a spot in the course with another pool of students if you are granted EAS, adn the course is covered by EAS)

-you could do another year of uni in another course and then try to do very well in it and then transfer into the course you want
(not exactly an easy task, my mate was at UWS in first year, aced everything and then transferred into USYD and is like scraping passes, the expectations change, and it is often pretty hard to get a transfer even between courses)

so i would suggest, study hard, apply for EAS and then have a good second/third choice of course, Oh it helps to have a look at the SAM (UAI calculator) but keep in mind that it will be a few point off, in my day mine was about 3pts lower than predicted when i put in my actual scores

dammit, did not read the spaces i put in

Last edited:
HSC
yeah depends on what you want to get into. if its something like science, engineering, mathematics, less popular courses like that (there's more than that and not just science related but thats all i know for sure) they might let you in to fill in the spaces. i know people got into engineering (78 cutoff) with at least 10 points below the cutoff, and in another case almost 30 points.

HSC
unlikely, since business/commerce degrees are very popular. i suggest if you are worried about getting below the cutoff, look at doing a business/HR diploma at TAFE and then use that to get into uni. there's also uni colleges you might be able to look into which do the same thing. there's also uni colleges (not exactly sure on what it is but its another pathway to uni, i know people who are doing this) so have a look into that.

talk to your careers advisors about TAFE/uni colleges.

Last edited:

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
also depends on what uni u want to get into....if u wanted to go to a less popular uni theyll more likely let you in with a lower uai than the cutoff....but then again, it depends on what course ur trying to get into

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)