Uni question (1 Viewer)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I have a workshop tomorrow for geng1000 and im meant to have steel capped boots, eye googles, ear muffs and a respiration, i might have two of them lying around, reckon theyll care that i dont have them, or since half the people wont know, ill be one of the good people

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I didn't do GENG1000, but I might be able to help.

I doubt you'd be doing any work on the first day, hell are you even sure the workshop is on during week 1? You aren't allowed to do any dangerous work without doing safety inductions, so that's what you'll be doing tomorrow.

My advice is to take what you have just in case, but not to stress about it because you probably wont need it.

*ashlea*

HSC
lol, as you probably found, the workshop guys are alright so they won't axe you for not having the right gear in week 1, forget it in a later week though and they'll give you a bit of a hard time.

You're pretty lucky to have workshop on a monday, mine was at 8am on a Friday morning, which meant I was late pretty much every week.

The only thing you really need to be careful of is not leaving anything in the drill or the lathe and turining it on so the object flies across the room at 100+ km/h, that you will get in shit for..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)