uni stories (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
OMG! that would be so embarrassing!
the worst thing for me is talking to someone i met the week before, wondering if they remember who i am or not.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i went to a tute with newbie and sugamama

sugamama looked confused and newbie looked bored

jesus comm is boring

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
Leanne i love dat gothic guy on your avatar !! LOL
hahahahaha
gotta love our southpark !!
heheh thanx! i've actually got Bebe as my MSN mesenger pic..and i also have a wendy! i love the goth one cos it moves....lol!

hipsta-jess.....well usually i say hi to familar faces or smile...have no idea where i no em from most of the time!

Ribbon

dont u jus hate it for group work you just get into groups with ppls dat sit nex to u or ppls around you.. but den as weeks proceed u find out that der stoopid ppls
dam
You talk like that, yet you call *other* people stupid... :rolleyes:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha owned! Yeah, I hate having stupid people in my group.

My mother told me this story from when she did her MBA. She got the reputation of being an Iron Lady, because she always lectured her groups before they did anything. Considering that she's a CPA with a senior management role in a major bank, and they're a bunch of n00bs who just graduated with a B Comm a year ago, she probably had the right.

Anyway, whenever people were forming groups she would have total control of who could and couldn't join, because she hates people who don't pull their weight. A few times someone didn't do enough work and she submit the paper without putting their name on it (meaning an academic counsel for the guy who didn't work).

OUCH.

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I get annoyed sometimes too when a few people dominate tutorials... e.g. a guy who is in 3 of my 4 tutes basically is the only one who gets to speak lol.

Also in my course there are heaps of yuppie girls from the north shore (no offence to north shore ppl or anything).... one of them was filing her nails during my journalism tute. Think "Brooke Vandenburg" off Frontline lol.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Also in my course there are heaps of yuppie girls from the north shore (no offence to north shore ppl or anything).... one of them was filing her nails during my journalism tute. Think "Brooke Vandenburg" off Frontline lol.
I love Brooke Vandenburg! She's the best!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Uh... In my 'Modern European History 1750-1914' Tutorial, we were required to make awkward small talk with the person next to us, and then introduce them to the class. Unfortunately, I misheard the name of the person I was talking, and said the wrong name. How embarassment...
yeah that happened to me, though it wasn't awkward... but i completely forgot her name (it was a vietnamese name), and didn't realise we were meant to introduce them to the class, so i just scribbled a note to her asking how she spelt her name :p

I get annoyed sometimes too when a few people dominate tutorials... e.g. a guy who is in 3 of my 4 tutes basically is the only one who gets to speak lol.
so many ppl were pissed off at this girl in our media tute... pretty much 80% of the tute was of her going on about world peace and racism etc, when we were meant to discuss that week's readings -__-;; i mean i respect her opinions and everything, but the rest of us didn't just spend hours reading our stuff to turn up to class listen to her rant :p

Originally posted by Asquithian
uai = does not equal common sense or intelligence.

there are plenty of people who think they are gods gift to whatever cos they got a high uai ...
lol! like all you people that have your UAI in your sig :p

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
dont u jus hate it for group work you just get into groups with ppls dat sit nex to u or ppls around you.. but den as weeks proceed u find out that der stoopid ppls
dam
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Haha owned! Yeah, I hate having stupid people in my group.
uhm... damn... i must be hated alot by pplz in my tute =(
ROFL =D lolz, funni...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Asquithian
uai = does not equal common sense or intelligence.

there are plenty of people who think they are gods gift to whatever cos they got a high uai ...
lolz, infact, our uac officer who supervised our exam said:

"... looks like intelligence is inversely proportional to the common sense one may have..."

because all of us are so busy "studying" that we forgot to bring our pencils to draw diagrams... =p blehz

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
lolz, infact, our uac officer who supervised our exam said:

"... looks like intelligence is inversely proportional to the common sense one may have..."

because all of us are so busy "studying" that we forgot to bring our pencils to draw diagrams... =p blehz
what- how come a "uac officer" was supervising ya exams? :confused:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
thats wot happened to our skool.....
who supervied ur examz?
what, ppl. from uac (university admission centre) supervised ya exam?? well as for us, it was ppl. from the department of education who supervised our exam. :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Has everyone read through Asquithian's signature? Tribalism is rife at uni... It can be kind of strange when someone has been all over south-east Asia yet has never been beyond Newtown...
Most stories tend to revolve around that idea at USyd, or so it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)