Uni Timetabling - Lectures and Tutorials (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Just want to clarify the distinction between tutorials before/after lectures - using BUSS1001 as an example (along with times, etc.)

1. Tutorial before lecture

1st week - BUSS1001 Lecture 1 on Monday: 10-1pm
2nd week - BUSS1001 Tutorial 1 on Monday: 9-10am
- BUSS1001 Lecture 2 on Monday: 10-1pm

Is this correct in saying that Tutorial 1 will cover Lecture 1 from the 1st week - from what ppl have told me, tutes start like a week or 2 after lectures.

2. Tutorial after lecture
1st week - BUSS1001 Lecture 1 on Monday: 10-1pm
2nd week - BUSS1001 Lecture 2 on Monday: 10-1pm
- BUSS1001 Tutorial 1 on Monday: 2-3pm

So in this case, from what I can see, the difference between options 1/2 is that there's a bigger time gap in reviewing lecture 1 if I pick option 2. Am I right to conclude that option 1 is better (tutorials before lecture) then?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In all honesty, it is up to you.

The tutorial content for a certain unit remains constant across all tutes regardless of lectures.

You'll find that all tutorials will start in Week 2, and the content covered in the first tutorial will only regard things which have been learnt by EVERYONE across the board. If one lecture stream gets ahead, then they will have to wait longer to complete the corresponding tutorial.

HSC
N/A
In all honesty, it is up to you.

The tutorial content for a certain unit remains constant across all tutes regardless of lectures.

You'll find that all tutorials will start in Week 2, and the content covered in the first tutorial will only regard things which have been learnt by EVERYONE across the board. If one lecture stream gets ahead, then they will have to wait longer to complete the corresponding tutorial.
just edited to a better Q now - overall, do tutes just cover the lecture from the previous week ? I'd prefer it this way rather than a tute covering just a recent lecture before it on the same day.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
just edited to a better Q now - overall, do tutes just cover the lecture from the previous week ? I'd prefer it this way rather than a tute covering just a recent lecture before it on the same day.
Tutes should only cover a lecture which has already past. It is counterintuitive if it was the other way around.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
cheers. my timetabling will be so much easier now
Basically my tip would be to pick the tutes which are most convenient for your schedule (e.g. travel, work, other commitments). You're not missing out on anything by choosing one tutorial over the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)