• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uni transfers: Humanities to Law in a different university (1 Viewer)

ThePeachState

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I received an ATAR of 93.4 in this years HSC and was looking at mainly Journalism and P/R courses at both UTS and UNSW. Could somebody please let me know that hypothetically if I dislike a P/R course at UTS and I feel like transferring to P/R or even Journalism at UNSW can I do so? I am also interested in Law and even though I know I am well below the cut off I have heard that if you achieve brilliant marks at UNSW in an Arts/Journalism/PR course then I can start undergraduate Law the next year...is this true? What would happen if I was to do well at UTS in a P/R course and wanted to transfer to Law at UNSW after a year??? PLEASE reply today as my preferences are due by midnight. My first preference is currently Public Communication at UTS.

Thank you very much and please reply soon

RishBonjour

HSC
You could INTERNALLY transfer into UNSW law if you do really well in your arts degree (atleast distinction to be competitive... but i spoke to law information lady (lol) and she said to get around the top band of distinction or H. distinction to almost guarantee yourself a spot). External transfers are a bit harder from what I hear.

ThePeachState

HSC
N/A
Thanks!!!! What if I did journalism or a media course at UNSW and then wanted to Law? And is it impossible to go from UTS to UNSW Law?

RishBonjour

HSC
Thanks!!!! What if I did journalism or a media course at UNSW and then wanted to Law? And is it impossible to go from UTS to UNSW Law?
it is DEFINITELY not impossible, but its extremely hard and competitive. It would PROBABLY be much easier if you did media/journalism at UNSW (if they offer, pretty sure they offer media) and then applied for internal transfer into law/journalism.

ThePeachState

HSC
N/A
Also one more quick question guys what do you reckon, is UTS or UNSW more highly regarded for Journalism or Public Relations? UTS has a higher ATAR to get into their courses but I'm not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)