uni tutors (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
iirc in unsw you apply for the position during 4th/phd year?

the pay is fairly decent too (my comp tut gets 33)

spence

HSC
I think it really depends on the area. For eg. I think for economics, its mostly honours students, whereas most arts tutors in my experience tend to be postgrads or PhDs. But my political economy tutor hasn't done honours yet - she's doing it next year

engineering

HSC
N/A
In most cases contact the course coordinator of the specific unit of study, though some schools/faculties may have a single point of contact for all their courses.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I think it really depends on the area. For eg. I think for economics, its mostly honours students, whereas most arts tutors in my experience tend to be postgrads or PhDs. But my political economy tutor hasn't done honours yet - she's doing it next year
ECOP allows pre-honours undergrads to tutor? wow. but yeah, in arts the tutors are usually doctoral students, or postdoctoral casuals who are hanging around in hope of some day getting a full-time position.

spence

HSC
ECOP allows pre-honours undergrads to tutor? wow. but yeah, in arts the tutors are usually doctoral students, or postdoctoral casuals who are hanging around in hope of some day getting a full-time position.
Yeah I thought it was really strange. I think most other tutors are either doing honours or postgrad

lala2

Banned
HSC
For pharm only PhD or people who've actually graduated with honours (or non-honours but with outstanding WAMs) are invited to tutor. So basically nobody below graduation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)