uni workload (1 Viewer)

Vsxnpt5

HSC
hi, fellow hsc student here
how much is the workload compared to year 12?
ie degrees for
- commerce
- dual degree
- arts
- international studies
- law
- engineering
thank you!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure if srs

All have them have a significantly more workload than HSC.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
The workload of One whole HSC module in one week and one whole HSC year in 4 weeks. Is probably how I'd best describe it. For all those degrees.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The workload of One whole HSC module in one week and one whole HSC year in 4 weeks. Is probably how I'd best describe it. For all those degrees.
probably a bit more tbh

we did about half a whole topic in a 2 hour lecture

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Engg and Law both have high very high work loads. Not exactly sure about the others. Doing a double degree doesn't mean a greater work load. Work load for all of those degrees would be higher than the HSC though (even Arts).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't forget to differentiate between contact hours and recommended study hours. Then factor in travel time. And suddenly boom your week is pretty full before you've had a chance to think about extra curricular activities, societies or a part time job.

That being said one also needs to consider difference between study needed to pass vs do well. I think in Commerce the study hours required to pass aren't that high compared to something like law.

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
The workload in commerce is dependent on what you major in. But generally, uni workload is much more full on compared to the HSC which was a joke imo.

Bingobango

HSC
In terms of the amount of actual work you do, university is obviously quite a bit more. In terms of difficulty though, I found HSC a lot more difficult in terms of stress and pressure. Uni is sort of a breeze.

I think the amount of work in uni has been overstated a bit in this thread. You'd probably expect to cover a year's worth of HSC content in one unit, and you take four units per semester, two semesters a year. So, I'd liken it to doing one full HSC every 14 weeks when you account for SWOTVAC and exam period. That's in terms of breadth of content covered though... In uni, you don't really cover the content as deeply (like you're not expected to know random fucking details)... I mean, if you've got two essays and they're each worth 50% of your grade, really, you only need to be good at two of the topic in the course. And if you cover 12 topics...

So in some sense it can be easier and different to HSC. But nothing can prepare you for having 6 assignments all worth over 20% due in the same 7 day period.

Nothing.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In terms of the amount of actual work you do, university is obviously quite a bit more. In terms of difficulty though, I found HSC a lot more difficult in terms of stress and pressure. Uni is sort of a breeze.

I think the amount of work in uni has been overstated a bit in this thread. You'd probably expect to cover a year's worth of HSC content in one unit, and you take four units per semester, two semesters a year. So, I'd liken it to doing one full HSC every 14 weeks when you account for SWOTVAC and exam period. That's in terms of breadth of content covered though... In uni, you don't really cover the content as deeply (like you're not expected to know random fucking details)... I mean, if you've got two essays and they're each worth 50% of your grade, really, you only need to be good at two of the topic in the course. And if you cover 12 topics...

So in some sense it can be easier and different to HSC. But nothing can prepare you for having 6 assignments all worth over 20% due in the same 7 day period.

Nothing.
Nigga wat

nigga wat have you been studying

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Don't forget to differentiate between contact hours and recommended study hours. Then factor in travel time. And suddenly boom your week is pretty full before you've had a chance to think about extra curricular activities, societies or a part time job.

That being said one also needs to consider difference between study needed to pass vs do well. I think in Commerce the study hours required to pass aren't that high compared to something like law.
I heard from UNSW law lecturer's unless you completely put 0 effort nobody fails. If you do the basic you'll pass but have fun getting a job.

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
I heard from UNSW law lecturer's unless you completely put 0 effort nobody fails. If you do the basic you'll pass but have fun getting a job.
They don't fail people in law because it absolutely recks their progression. But really a pass average is useless so its akin to failing In terms of getting a job. Any idiot who does some study and memorise the law will get a pass.

I will have to say that, i found hsc much more stressful. Uni definitely has more workload and you do go into depth. Not sure what the person above is referring to. Good luck HD'ing proper law subjects without knowing 'details'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)