uni year1s can only choose elective courses with code starting with "1"?? (1 Viewer)

ichiraku

HSC
This will generally apply to most undergrad degrees. However, some course codes starting with 1 may have certain pre reqs which may prevent you from taking it in first year. Some faculties/schools will also allow you to take 2nd/3rd year courses in your first year provided you meet certain requirements or you were involved in some sort of olympiad/competetion during high school.

If in doubt, then contact your relevant faculty.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
You can take any course you like provided you meet the prerequisites.
Read the prereqs carefully.

For the most part, the university will deny you access to courses that you can't do but there are always exemptions all over the place.

Ak0ona-Matata

HSC
I'll be doing a Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology as my first year in 09.
i had the same question so i emailed them via uniMail and they replied by saying =

"In a Bachelor of Science, you have to complete at least six (and at most ten) courses at level I (courses that have a course code starting with 1), and of these at least four have to be from Science."

Hope that helps. :headbang:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL im doing a 1st year subject and im in 4th year.

jessie369

HSC
I'll be doing a Bachelor of Science majoring in Psychology as my first year in 09.
i had the same question so i emailed them via uniMail and they replied by saying =

"In a Bachelor of Science, you have to complete at least six (and at most ten) courses at level I (courses that have a course code starting with 1), and of these at least four have to be from Science."

Hope that helps. :headbang:
Are you studying in Usyd? I think I have the same question about to choose elective courses. Could you give me some help for the following question. It would be appreiciated.

How can you find the course list of science? I find a long...long list include all courses but I can't choose which one I can do.

Thanks in advance

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Are you studying in Usyd? I think I have the same question about to choose elective courses. Could you give me some help for the following question. It would be appreiciated.

How can you find the course list of science? I find a long...long list include all courses but I can't choose which one I can do.

Thanks in advance
This is the UNSW forum. You might want to try asking your question by creating a topic here: Faculty of Science - Bored of Studies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)