Uni (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hey, this will probs be my last post before HSC. So is there any way to have a taste of any uni courses before doing them? I'm asking this cause i'm really confused on what to do, I just don't know lol. One day I want to be an actuary the next day a teacher.

Also how common is it for people to change degrees?

quickoats

HSC
Hey, this will probs be my last post before HSC. So is there any way to have a taste of any uni courses before doing them? I'm asking this cause i'm really confused on what to do, I just don't know lol. One day I want to be an actuary the next day a teacher.

Also how common is it for people to change degrees?
I was having the same thoughts as a young one - didn't really know what to do and didn't have a clear objective either.

Afaik there's no 'taster' classes but in your first semester, you can try to cover a wide variety of courses to see which ones you'd like. If you do something like engineering+commerce, your first semester could involve maths, physics, computer science, and accounting - you can then see what you like and don't really like then change things up from there.

You can definitely change things up and there's nothing wrong with taking a little bit more time at uni.

icycledough

HSC
Definitely helpful as well to talk to any friends you have in uni (preferably a few who are doing different courses) to get a better understanding of what they entail and which of them sounds like something you can envision a career in, at the end of the day. As quickoats mentioned, that's the great thing about university; there's no fixed pathway like there is in high school. You can swap and switch a few degrees if you aren't interested in them, before settling down in a degree you are passionate about and want to work a career in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)