Unicentre Membership (1 Viewer)

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Atleast this VSU thing is finally all over now, no longer do we have to hear the union whinge, bitch and complain about an inevitable change of legislation (Howard does what Howard wants, get used it it; i don't like it either).

nwatts

HSC
You guys might want to wait until enrolment is finished before going to pick your card up, because it took me around half an hour to just line up and be given my Unicentre card yesterday. :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
It should already be set as that.

just go collect your card.
It's not already set as that. You get to choose when you enrol and I put no. Does that mean I have to change it?

nwatts said:
You guys might want to wait until enrolment is finished before going to pick your card up, because it took me around half an hour to just line up and be given my Unicentre card yesterday. :(
Is that just because there was so many people or are they making people fill out forms or something so that it takes more than 30 seconds per person.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
nwatts said:
Haha so you were one of those first years in that massive line to the Unishop booth yesterday. I walked past it on my way to an anatomy exam.

nwatts

HSC
acullen said:
Haha so you were one of those first years in that massive line to the Unishop booth yesterday. I walked past it on my way to an anatomy exam.
Haha, yep! The process itself was easy, you give them your student card and about 3 minutes later they print you off an Unicentre card. But it took so long because of the shear number of people lined up waiting.

kiteblood

HSC
Wait, wait... are you guys saying that even if you are a bronze member (which is apparently free, and which I assume is everyone who selected 'yes' for Unicentre voting when they enrolled), you still have to collect a card?

I thought you only needed a card if you were a gold/silver member. I don't see the point of having a card if you're bronze member, as there are no discernible benefits (I mean, EVERYONE got a free diary).

Scanorama

HSC
Why cant they just put a sticker or paint a special symbol (like the way with the train concession) on the student card instead of issuing another card? It's annoying having another card in the wallet,

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Without Wings said:
grr i cant believe i have to go all teh way to uni to get my card...what's wrong with post:p

i have to pick up a new sticker thing for travel concession too, yes?
yes you need a new train consession too, go to the bottom of building 17

iamsickofyear12

HSC
So, do I still have to pay for UniCentre Membership?
If you have paid the 2006 University Compulsory Services Charge you are entitled to Gold Membership of UniCentre at no extra cost.

HSC
kiteblood said:
Wait, wait... are you guys saying that even if you are a bronze member (which is apparently free, and which I assume is everyone who selected 'yes' for Unicentre voting when they enrolled), you still have to collect a card?

I thought you only needed a card if you were a gold/silver member. I don't see the point of having a card if you're bronze member, as there are no discernible benefits (I mean, EVERYONE got a free diary).

I didn't get a card. Just gave them my student card, they did something to it, then gave me it back.

So I don't htink you get a card if you have a bronze membership

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Tulipa said:
on my student card it has a little green circle on it saying "cityrail 2006" i'm assuming thats my rail concession for the yeaer right?

and i got a unicentre card... i swear this all is so confusing
Yes that is the rail concession.

They should of just left the unicentre card until next year since everyone still has to pay this year anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Without Wings said:
Don't we need it for some stupid swipey thing, where we have to swipe our card to get the discount and rebate points...
Seems kinda annoying having to swipe my card if i'm just buying a coke or something, but oh well. oh well I guess at least I got a year of not having to do it :p

JM: thanks for that, i'll have to go get my concession thing when uni goes back, as i use it so much :)
We swipe the card and get some sort of discount and some amount of rebate points. It's going to be annoying which is why they should of waited until next year. Everyone still has to pay this year so we shouldn't have to swipe a card everywhere we go.

flynn

i never knew of these cards. it is a bit annoying that we have to pay again this year even though the govt. has passed the legislation and it is inevitable. oh well, i guess it would be a bit of a nightmare for unicentre and such if we didn't have to pay this session.

on a slightly related note, if anyone wants to get a new photo on their student card, if you get a new one printed now, then they are taking photos for all the 1st year students so today they offered me a new photo with my card. my new photo is much worse than the old one, but the novelty was worth it :)

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
I went up to the Unicentre counter today (while I was at uni for an exam) and got my Unicentre card. It was pretty painless; they just took my card, did something on a computer and out came a card containing a clone of the aweful photo that's present on my student ID card.

I'd say get in before all the first years swarm the uni in O-week and Week 1; well, unless you like big lines.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok, so does this mean that for this year we hav full membership anyway? by having a card, that is a gold membership and gets us all the discounts for unibar and that? or is the defult membership just bronze and we need to pay more for gold? fuck i wish it was all just compulsory :(

HSC
Everyone is a gold member, as everone paid that compulsory fee thingy - next year you will need to pay extra to become a gold or silver member - otherwise you are bronze

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
chinesefireball said:
Everyone is a gold member, as everone paid that compulsory fee thingy - next year you will need to pay extra to become a gold or silver member - otherwise you are bronze
ok, at least that settles that one :) as for urac.....we still have to pay to take full advantage of everything there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)