Unichurch (1 Viewer)

twiddla

What is it like - i'm interested coming from syd and wanting to attend church while at uni

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Do we have a church?
I know theres a few religious clubs you might wanna look at joining (they all pestered me during last years clubs and societies expo, and you couldn't find anyone less religious than me, lol)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
What a waste of money bloody money! Not to mention discrimation.. where's my buddhist temple?

I'd rather remove useless buildings such as this and pay less HECs!

gabn

HSC
I can tell you roughly where you'll find the catholic churchs around newcastle.

cyph you'll find a buddhist temple in sydney. it's sorta on the north shore.

as for what's on campus i have no idea probably just a building with the word church on it and acouple crosses on the inside.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
im pretty sure they they have things for all religions

twiddla

Cyph said:
What a waste of money bloody money! Not to mention discrimation.. where's my buddhist temple?

I'd rather remove useless buildings such as this and pay less HECs!
Your getting confused there is a church as in a group of people who meet on sundays to worship God and jesus, not a building. Apprently the church service is held in Mcmullin theatre on a sunday night.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
mrbassman said:
im pretty sure they they have things for all religions
I stumbled upon the Islamic Faith the other day when i was at the uni - it's a pretty shit little demountable between the hunter building and the tennis courts

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
IMO, look around Newy for a church you like... the unichurch is very set in their ways and closed to certain alternate opinions...have a look around newy tho! apparently Mayfield Baptist is quite fun and energetic although it is in mayfield.... hmmm.. shifty.... Toronto Baptist is awesome!! thats where i am! but its a decent hike from uni.. but yeah.,.. by all means check out uni church (theyll have a stall at o-week im sure) but dont discount other local curches as well..

i think ive rambled enough...
SJ

twiddla

Thanks Princess that was the sought of advice i needed. It was one of the churches that was recommended to me as an option. When you say a fair hike - how long would it take to get there walking or by push bike (i can't drive). Thanks once again

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nicho said:
Thanks Princess that was the sought of advice i needed. It was one of the churches that was recommended to me as an option. When you say a fair hike - how long would it take to get there walking or by push bike (i can't drive). Thanks once again
It's a fucking church! Just do a cruise around in a car until you find one! They all pray to the same God!

Fucking religious people.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Jumb, I think I may have just fallen in love with you (in a totally platonic way, of course!)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
jumb said:
It's a fucking church! Just do a cruise around in a car until you find one! They all pray to the same God!

Fucking religious people.
they all may pray to the same God but each church will be different to the next (even if only subtly) - yeah you're praying to the same god, but there are certain churches that will suit certain ppl and that's what nicho is trying to find out - a church that he/she will be suited to

maybe if you went to a church you would understand that they are all different - instead of being close-minded and saying "fucking religious people" coz you obviously don't know what you are talking about

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
toronto is out on the lake.. a 30-40min drive.. on a pushie im not sure.. havent tried it

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
PrincessSJ said:
IMO, look around Newy for a church you like... the unichurch is very set in their ways and closed to certain alternate opinions...have a look around newy tho! apparently Mayfield Baptist is quite fun and energetic although it is in mayfield.... hmmm.. shifty.... Toronto Baptist is awesome!! thats where i am! but its a decent hike from uni.. but yeah.,.. by all means check out uni church (theyll have a stall at o-week im sure) but dont discount other local curches as well..

i think ive rambled enough...
SJ
hahaha mayfield is shifty, but toronto isnt?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
SJ, surely T'ron'o is more ...umm... doubtful, shall we say, than Mayfield.
Yes, I know Mayfield is rather dodgy, but I'd prefer to be there than T'ron'o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)