Union Board Election 2010 (1 Viewer)

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
stop complaining. They finally fixed the second microwave in level 2 of wentworth. now i can have my cu.. steak and mash

vanush

kdslkf
HSC
no there is none. stay over in darlington, indian guy.
Darlington campus is quite terrible. It's got all these dank '60s buildings and then the glorious school of IT building. Inconsistency is unnerving.

If only there was a candidate to fix up Darlington campus.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tom Robson is the early frontrunner for worst candidate:
This year's union election comes at the most critical time for the University of Sydney Union since the introduction of VSU. The plan that is outlined in the Green Paper to take away from the Union its control over food, beverage and retail outlets, as well as its financial autonomy, poses a real threat to the control of Usyd students over their own student experience. This plan is unacceptable, and this year's election is the time for students to show that they will NOT accept it.

If elected, I would:
-Fight the Green Paper to keep our bars, food and retail outlets firmly under student control!
-Support and expedite the introduction of Fair Trade coffee on campus!
-Push for a change the Union’s hiring policy in order in increase student employment on campus!
-Push for a two million dollar increase in the University’s contribution to the Union’s funding to cover the whole cost of maintenance on Union controlled buildings, effectively freeing two million dollars to improve the student experience!
-Increase the importance of the role STUDENTS play in formulating Union policy. It’s not enough to just get feedback, the Union needs to ask students what they want BEFORE we try and give it to them!
- Push for greater transparency in Union dealings. No more working behind closed doors!
-Bring back our weekly dose of Bull!
You don't give the Union autonomy by increasing its dependence upon university funding.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I feel sorry for Sibella because the Alistair supporters chalked his name bigger underneath hers at the top of the Victoria Park stairs. And so with that valid reason I like Sibella more.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
do we need an access card to vote? apparrently we get a $5 food voucher if we vote.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
They're paying us to vote now? Nice.

Too bad it's not enough incentive. I don't even vote for the government.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Great use of $25000.

bio_nut

HSC
$5 does not buy lunch at usyd. well, maybe some chips

I can't even remember if I voted last year. I just remember screaming "fuck off" at various individuals.

Meh.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
hey guys whats going on

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
just add tang (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)