Union Board Elections 2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's that time of year again, and I'm a bit of a hack so I get off on this stuff.

Candidates are:
Catriona Rafael
James Young
Sasha Uher
Rebecca Santos
Sophie Holman
Pat Bateman
Douglas Thompson
Philip Boncardo
Alex Houseman
Michael Buckland
Karina Anthony
Courtney Tight
Carmen Culina

Campaigning starts on 21 April, with elections to be held on 14 May. There are 5 positions up for grabs this year, of which 2 must be women, with 6 including myself continuing from last year. With such a large field this year should prove very interesting!

EDIT: Ballot order is approximate pending me actually having something more than scrawls on a page to rely on.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Wow, that is a pretty big field. Only names I recognise are Bec Santos and Pat Bateman (he stood for senate last year, yeah?), and Catriona Rafael and Carmen Culina.

I assume that Bec Santos will be this year's ubiquitous labor left candidate who is guaranteed election?

(edited because my ongoing amnesia cleared somewhat)

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
cmon cat!
btw waf since i'm in the city a fair bit these days, if u guys are doing any campaigning shit that i could help out with drop me a line and i'll cum if u buy me a drink:shy:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
As far as I know:

NLS candidates are Bec Santos and Alex Houseman.
James Young, Karina Anthony and Michael Buckland are all heavily involved in Labor Unity.
Courtney Tight is being run by the Broad Left.
Sasha Uher, Cat Rafael and Sophie Holman are all members of the Liberal Club.
The rest are independents, as far as I can see.

Other interesting pieces of information:
Douglas Thompson has declared that his T Shirts will be blue.
Pat Bateman attends Pauls College, and a candidate from Pauls has gotten up the last 2 years (Tanner, Hancock).

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Enteebee said:
cmon cat!
btw waf since i'm in the city a fair bit these days, if u guys are doing any campaigning shit that i could help out with drop me a line and i'll cum if u buy me a drink:shy:
I remember you said that for me last year :(

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Whoa, pat bateman, i think i went to school with that guy. What party/stance is he with nowadays?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Signed up to the Liberal Club at some point, though can't say I've seen him turn up to any events. My best guess is he's the college kid for this year.

Last edited:

CurlyRuby

HSC
I'm a little acquainted with Courtney through SASS. She seems nice.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mmm, more importantly, who cares.

i refuse to vote in elections untill i don't have to run through a bunch of people trying to hand me flyers

i.e. online voting, tis the future guys!

kokodamonkey

HSC
go sasha! also townie, just search me out, i will give u some flyers and guide you to the polling booth so you can avoid all the other annoying people

CurlyRuby

HSC
LOL because Kokodamonkey is the only balanced and reasonable one out there

*note the sarcasm*

So what's the deal with voting? Do I have to do anything or does stuff get mailed to me or what?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
CurlyRuby said:

*note the sarcasm*

So what's the deal with voting? Do I have to do anything or does stuff get mailed to me or what?
You go to a polling booth on campus on polling day and fill out your ballot paper (which is preferential).

What's the deal with eligibility? Do you have to be an access card holder this year?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Any student can vote, you go in there, show your student card, sign a form, and then get your ballot paper.

cdmanutd

HSC
CurlyRuby said:

*note the sarcasm*
Come on CurlyRuby, you're only picking on kokodamonkey because he admitted his bias towards a liberal candidate. You didn't admit your bias at all, did you, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're a radical femocrat.

lol and yes, i'm liberally-biased... or would that be liberalised? or liberated? oh wait, that's what we did for the good ol' iraqis.

*cheeky smile*

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
CurlyRuby said:
the most strenuous part is getting to the booth without being accosted by people trying to get you to vote for them. start working on evasion tactics/roundabout routes to polling places asap.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Triangulum said:
the most strenuous part is getting to the booth without being accosted by people trying to get you to vote for them. start working on evasion tactics/roundabout routes to polling places asap.
My suggestion would be through the Manning food court, and past the access centre and you'll get to a polling booth where everyone's focusing on people coming from the other direction.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Silver Persian said:
I avoid the scary election people by making them think I've already voted :eek:
None of us actually believe you, and if the person saying it is particularly sheepish they're not that hard to turn into a vote :p

CurlyRuby

HSC
cdmanutd said:
Come on CurlyRuby, you're only picking on kokodamonkey because he admitted his bias towards a liberal candidate. You didn't admit your bias at all, did you, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're a radical femocrat.

lol and yes, i'm liberally-biased... or would that be liberalised? or liberated? oh wait, that's what we did for the good ol' iraqis.

*cheeky smile*
I'm picking on kokodamonkey because he's a psycho...check the protest thread if you're curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)