Union or League? Larkham or Johns? (1 Viewer)

Union/League?Larkham/Johns?

• Total voters

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
duckofdoom said:
At least legue sees more tries in the game. Th.

im sorry i just left at half time form the highlanders cats game and like 5 trys have been scored already, i believe thats a large amount of trys....and they are quality pieces of work....

who cares if the forwards dnt score many trys, union is about the razzle dazzle of sparkling backline moves...

and if u want forward razzle dazzle i reckon phil waugh in a ruck is pretty razzle dazzle how he can steakl the ball so often and effectively

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the reason why union backline moves look far more spectacular is because they dont often occur and they have bigger gaps to run into because the defence rush up so quickly.

Knights_chick

Rugby Union is absolutely shit!!!!!!!!! IMO.

Somone said that League is stop start. I'm sorry, but I think you are talking about your own crap game. How bout the penalty goals that are kicked every five minutes?? That isn't stop start? And when the ball gets kicked out for the line-out? That isn't stop start? Please!!

Btw, you cannot compare Joey to Larkham. Both totally different players in different games.

ChrisE

HSC
Iluvtheknights said:

Somone said that League is stop start. I'm sorry, but I think you are talking about your own crap game. How bout the penalty goals that are kicked every five minutes?? That isn't stop start? And when the ball gets kicked out for the line-out? That isn't stop start? Please!!

Btw, you cannot compare Joey to Larkham. Both totally different players in different games.

you know nothing go away

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
Iluvtheknights said:

u can talk wen the knights string sum wins together, but till then SHHHHHHHH

ps i wish joey went to union, so he coul db taught a lesson on real fuckin skill

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Where is Larkham anyways? Joey Johns has pretty much scored most the points for the Knights. He is the only player playing half decent for the Knights.

Nice choke by the Knights.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
Where is Larkham anyways? Joey Johns has pretty much scored most the points for the Knights. He is the only player playing half decent for the Knights.

Nice choke by the Knights.

larkam is injured atm....well who gives a shit bout joey now, hes done finished, if he scores most of the knights points, then they wont b scoring many more this season thats for sure....

Knights_chick

This thread has nothing to do with the Knights. If it was will be talking in the NRL thread.
So, in my opinion Union is crap and League is a way better game.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
there's no point arguing here. people have different opinions, and they will probably not change these opinions because someone on the intarweb told them to.

personally i enjoy watching/playing union far more than league, however there have been some awesome tries in league recently.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
union is cool if you're a back and have the speed to slice through gaps or you just have a kicking fetish.

ChrisE

HSC
union is supercool if you are a forward sick of the up and down back and fowrard boredom of being a league forward and actually want to get in there and have a dig, contest scrums and be involved at nearly every play.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i enjoy both union and league but i do think union is a better game.

and as far as larkham vs. johns goes, i can't stand andrew johns so i've have to go with larkham for sure.

chookie_06

ø¤º°©ђòókîë_0 6™°º¤ø
HSC
i love both union and league. love larkham but cant stand johns... who do u reckon got my vote

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a forward i think going from league > union would be quite difficult particularly with all the rules.

As a back, i think it'd be quite easy as the same concepts are in league, just with the set defensive line it is more difficult to do things like that, a good scrum set play though is awesome.

We can outline particular stars who succeeded and who didnt, it all comes down to the person i think.

I find a bust through the ruck by a slight of hand from a five-eight to a bursting winger/fullback much more appealing. (ala lockyer > billy slater) Its exciting to see the brand of league being played nowdays, especially by the younger teams.

Seeing the first hit - up during the state of origin and other big hits are what appeals to me, it may be dumb, but seeing webcke collide with other big forwards and for him to do it over and over (shame he retired from rep) was one of the reasons i enjoyed brisbane games.

libertine

in the middle class ghetto: North Shore, Bitch
HSC
larkham has a better passing and running game than johns. How often have we seen larkham just split defences with his runs. Larkham's weakness has always been his kickign and this is where johns is superior. I think Larkham would be ridiculously good in league. Im judging this on the fact that its a lot easier for a Union Back to go to League than it is the other way around.

Union pisses all over League. Games are more intriguing and tactical and basically BETTER. Union players are stronger, faster and smarter. And we all know which game is better at the internaitonal level.

However,

Football >Union> AFL> League

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
afl must be the singlest most boring sport to watch, but playing it isnt so bad though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)