union (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
is the cost of the union, nusport, etc in the general service fees, or do we have to pay for them separately?
if it is in the general service fees, do we get it cheaper if we choose not to be part of the central coast campus union?
if its not in the general service fees, how/where/when do we pay?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
They are all in the General Services Fee...and you wouldnt have to pay any for central coast union either

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok thanks.
i thought the fees were for a yr, the other day i found out they were a semester, what a ripoff!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
some sporting thing, apparently it still costs to use the forum though :(

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, NU sport = Newcastle University sport and it is cheaper to join uni sport teams (eg. soccer, cricket) if you a member of NUsport....it was something like $100 cheaper to register if you were a member

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I visited the gym on Tuesday, had a look around, I think it's pretty damn good.

seeka

HSC
yeh and you get the best rates for membership, and the people that asses you if you go for an assesment when you join up are sooooo nice!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah...i wholeheartedly endorse the gym....my yearly membership runs out on feburary 24th...damn i'm going to have to fork out $314 for gym and pool

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
my pe class got a tour of the forum last yr for our improving performance module, we visited the HP gym. pretty awesome stuff, we got to use a few of the weights down there, unfortunately for us it was footy off season...

the whole setup is regarded as one of the best university gyms in the country, the facilities they have are really good.

the GSC gets divided up between the union (either UNU or CCU depending on where the majority of your classes are held) and NUsport, i think theres also something else that receives some money from it.... but yeah its like your general contribution thing in high school- its just abit of extra money that the uni can pump into making the facilities a little better etc etc

you still gotta pay to become a member of the gym, but yeah, u get a discount for being a student.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I got a timetable the other day, it would cost me $229.00 a year for what I would want (Gym, Circuit, Aerobic classes).

I'm still contemplating it..

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
just went through the big "guide to enrollment" booklet...

The GSC will be distributed to:

*NUsport

*either the Newcastle uni students assoc (NUSA) or the Newcastle uni post-grad students assoc (NUPSA)

* either the UNU or the CCCU, based on where the majority of your courses are provided

so yeah basically its just $173 per student that the uni can put to good use to help out different non academic services and facilities

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
I got a timetable the other day, it would cost me $229.00 a year for what I would want (Gym, Circuit, Aerobic classes).

I'm still contemplating it..
hey honky tonk do you just pick one up from the front desk of the forum? if not where did you grab it from?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Yeah I got it from the front desk. It was a yellow sheet of paper and has information about membership prices. It tells you how much it will cost for a certain area (e.g. Aquatics or Fitness) for a certain amount of time (12 months, 6 months, etc.)

parko

RN in 2007
HSC
cheers mate, i might go for a wander down there after i enrol in my tutes tomorrow morning

if its not too hot that is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)