Uni's wishing us good luck (1 Viewer)

JMC555

HSC
I found this funny. I got an email from Macquarie uni saying good luck in the HSC etc etc etc. I also got one from Sydney Uni, but that was in my junk mail folder. :p Some of my friends have similar stories.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Dear ****

On behalf of Macquarie University I would like to wish you every success in your HSC exams and thank you for selecting Macquarie as one of your preferences. I trust that your hard work will be rewarded with excellent results.

Like you, we at Macquarie have also been working hard and we are seeing new growth and success. We are particularly excited about the world class academic staff who have joined the University and are now part of our great teaching team. This means that we can offer you not only an outstanding higher education, but a degree that will open doors and provide you with excellent employment prospects.

Recently you may have heard about Academic Advantage, Macquarie's new HSC bonus point scheme as well as uniTEST, an alternative way of entering the University. You can read more about these programs, our degrees and Macquarie's extensive scholarships at: http://www.futurestudent.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/

Through these programs we aim to attract top quality students and provide you with the best possible education and new opportunities.

The Macquarie University railway station is set to open early next year, providing yet another way of getting to the university. In fact, we will be the only university in Australia with an on-campus station. If you would like to see inside the station, as well as hear from our current students and academic staff, have a look at the video on the Macquarie University website at:
www.futurestudent.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/videos/advisor.html

Once again, I wish you the best of luck for this busy time and I look forward to welcoming you to Macquarie University in 2009. If you have any inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on either (02) 9850 7309 or at: macquariemarketing@mq.edu.au.

Best wishes

Professor Steven Schwartz
Vice-Chancellor
Macquarie University

CRICOS Provider No 00002J

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of Macquarie University.

Terlob

HSC
Dear Benjamin,

You've worked hard and you're about to sit your final exams, just one of many important steps on the way to your future career. At university, you're free to explore knowledge, vocation, friendships and discover who you are and what you want to be.

It's time to embrace the opportunities that your results provide.

We have put together a site to help you get through your exams, and you can even share your own exam tips here: www.csu.edu.au/study/tips

If you require any advice on your future studies and what happens next, call us on 1300 135 435.

Hope to see you at CSU in 2009.

Looks like CSU doesn't put in as much effort as Macquarie :p

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
I got one from UNSW too cbf to copy it here...

HSC
Got one from Macq, UNSW, USyd (the latter two were both in junk)
From what I heard last year, they will also text you.

Shan4curry

HSC
FOR UNSW:

Dear (lalala~),

I'm delighted you've chosen the University of New South Wales as a preference and wish you all the best in your upcoming final year exams. I'm sure that your hard work particularly in the last two years will be reflected in the results you achieve.

We at UNSW are proud of what we have been able to achieve, particularly in the last few years, with our five star rating for ten key performance indicators in the 2009 Good Universities Guide, more than any other university, and our accelerating research performance.

UNSW attracts many of the best students in Australia. Our graduates are valued highly by employers and the wider community, and enjoy the highest starting salaries in the country.

In understanding your options at UNSW I encourage you to look at HSC Plus online, our bonus points system, www.unsw.edu.au/hscplus. We will be delighted if you join us through your preference and we look forward to you studying with us.

If you would like to talk further about your preferences and further options at UNSW, please call Student Recruitment on (02) 9385 1844 or UNSW International on (02) 9385 6996. You can also find out more about the UNSW experience from our Yellow Shirts, Orientation Week student volunteers, at www.oweek.info/forums

Yours sincerely,

Frederick G Hilmer AO
UNSW Vice-Chancellor and President

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
Yeah I got one from sydney, which just said good luck. It was nice and simple, and felt like it was somehow more sincere than others that tried to sell me their uni "we're so great blah blah blah". UNSW's one went for like a page and crapped on about how they are a premier university etc. It barely even remembered to say good luck.

Yamiyo

HSC
Got one from UNSW and USYD.
UNSW's was nicer and longer. Therefore, I'll put it as my number 1 preference.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Yeah, I got 2 of those emails as well.

One from Macquarie and University of Sydney.

I don't think UTS sent me one......lol

Kew

HSC
I found it quite surprising with the emails I got.
It was rather cute.
Yes that's the word.. cute.

lucidassembly

HSC
E-Dog said:
Yeah I got one from sydney, which just said good luck. It was nice and simple, and felt like it was somehow more sincere than others that tried to sell me their uni "we're so great blah blah blah". UNSW's one went for like a page and crapped on about how they are a premier university etc. It barely even remembered to say good luck.
I actually thought the opposite lol. It seems as though USYD was so pretentious that they knew they didn't have to ramble on about their brilliance... they just assumed one sentence (and their already-established reputation) was more than enough for them to make their 'we are the best' statment :p

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
Yamiyo said:
Got one from UNSW and USYD.
UNSW's was nicer and longer. Therefore, I'll put it as my number 1 preference.
lol agreed unsw's was nicer
BUT usyd did go to the trouble of putting my name in the subject header...

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Shan4curry said:
FOR UNSW:

Dear (lalala~),

I'm delighted you've chosen the University of New South Wales as a preference and wish you all the best in your upcoming final year exams. I'm sure that your hard work particularly in the last two years will be reflected in the results you achieve.

We at UNSW are proud of what we have been able to achieve, particularly in the last few years, with our five star rating for ten key performance indicators in the 2009 Good Universities Guide, more than any other university, and our accelerating research performance.

UNSW attracts many of the best students in Australia. Our graduates are valued highly by employers and the wider community, and enjoy the highest starting salaries in the country.

In understanding your options at UNSW I encourage you to look at HSC Plus online, our bonus points system, www.unsw.edu.au/hscplus. We will be delighted if you join us through your preference and we look forward to you studying with us.

If you would like to talk further about your preferences and further options at UNSW, please call Student Recruitment on (02) 9385 1844 or UNSW International on (02) 9385 6996. You can also find out more about the UNSW experience from our Yellow Shirts, Orientation Week student volunteers, at www.oweek.info/forums

Yours sincerely,

Frederick G Hilmer AO
UNSW Vice-Chancellor and President
thats a pretty unfortunate name.
were your parents drunk when they named you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)