• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Uniseeker (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redruM
lack of accuracy?
it works perfectly for raw marks....lol.
Ha! They don't operate on raw marks, everything is fiddled with.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Ha! They don't operate on raw marks, everything is fiddled with.
what? explain???
what do you mean by "fiddled with"? weighted?
*confused*
Originally posted by MuSaRuRWa
edit : that was post no. 100 for me :D
looks at sig...er i mean post count :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
you know, they take them and decide that a test was too easy because eveyone got over 80 so people with 80 get a P, with 85 get a C, 90 get a D, 95 get HD, that type of thing

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeh i do understand that, you might even have to consider that the canditure is very smart aswell.
but i am not even considering those things.
i made that to have a sort of personal track of how you are doing. it is by no means related to how you actual marks will be calculated....

yeh i think i should have made it more clear what use it has, ie as i mentioned a personal tracker sort of thing...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i get the use, i thought you didn't get what was said due to this:
what? explain???

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
well i dont get what that means, when flyin said that UNISEEKER(c) :p doesnt work with the raw marks? i mean thats all it does!
meh..i think everyone knows it...just a big confusion with words.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
what? explain???
It's hard to explain.. orangeguy posted something very constructive about marks you get on your transcript a while ago which I totally agreed with. And that's only a starting point..

Anyway, I'll give you a simple example, last year, I think I got about 50% raw (in the final worth 90%) and ended up with a 75 on for that unit. There is a huge difference. Also in another subject where I at least got 95% (in the final worth 70% and my other assessments were well over 90%) I only got 92 for that unit.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i do understand what you mean.

ok...the only use it has to keep track of your raw marks. i know that the raw marks dont constitute to anything, but some people like to see where they are at in terms of the marks they have been getting.

hmm..i think the point of confusion is where the final grade is given as well. i would think thats where you think that those results will replicate your 'transcript marks'? well they are not going to.
i didnt really want to create anything like the real deal, i dont think it can be done? just to have a track of how i am going.
and from experience people can say, if you can get raw 50% in an exam, you are pretty sure to pass the course, etc...

btw, was the second example for comp115? :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, I was standing in line last year, and some psych students were complaining about how their final was worth 30% and that they had already passed their psych units based on the other 70%, but found out they failed the course. So it all comes down to the final. As for passing the final, I'd say the raw mark is much closer to 40% than 50%, but hard to tell and varies from subject to subject, and how much the lecturer dislikes or likes the people doing the subject (no reference at all to the evil Comp115 lecturer who hated our whole year!).

Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)