Unit difficulty ? (1 Viewer)

Runningup

HSC
N/A
How difficult would you rate these units ?

Maths 1A

Discrete Mathematics

Physics 1

Scientific Literacy

Mainly worried about physics as i have never done it b4 :(

Dylanamali

HSC
Maths 1A - 8/10
If you didn't do Maths Ext 1 or Maths Ext 2 the topics will definitely all be new.
The topics/concepts taught can be a little challenging but this is compensated for by the relatively easy assessments.
The assessment set up is basically 4-5 50 minute topics tests on a fortnightly basis ranging from a weighting of 10%-15%.
And then a final exam weighted around 50%.
The assessments are easy because they release "sample topics tests / final exams" before each of the assessments and these are virtually identical to the real assessments bar a change of value / minor change in methodology.

I did MX1 and MX2 as you can see in my signature.. however I didn't attend any Maths1A lectures at all and probably attended half the workshops. I managed to just scrape a HD with a mark of 85.

Scientific Literacy - 6/10

This unit is basic level stuff. It's basically learning how to study, learning how to write a report / make an oral presentation, how to note take and write summaries etc. The thing that makes it a little bit hard is the way that some of the stuff is marked..
You basically have a number of assessments: note taking quizzes, reflections, summaries, written report and a debate.
I think it can be challenging to achieve really high marks because the marking can get a bit ambiguous as there are so many classes held and thus so many different tutors. Overall the subject matter is very easy, but the ability to get high marks is questionable.

I got an 88.

**Can't comment on other two as I did Biodiversity and Chem instead.

Runningup

HSC
N/A
If i know year 11 3unit but not year 12 would looking over year 12 3unit give me a sort of idea for the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)